Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Give the current government a score out of 10 for their handling of COVID-19

How well do you think the current government have handled COVID-19 so far?

• 1/10

Votes: 74 20.4%
  • 2/10

Votes: 55 15.2%
  • 3/10

Votes: 80 22.0%
  • 4/10

Votes: 30 8.3%
  • 5/10

Votes: 20 5.5%
  • 6/10

Votes: 37 10.2%
  • 7/10

Votes: 34 9.4%
  • 8/10

Votes: 24 6.6%
  • 9/10

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • 10/10

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Whilst people will do their own thing because they have little regard for their neighbours and fellow citizens, quite a lot of people have done their own thing because they were being advised by total f*cktards. A majority of my family have been far more conservative and cautious in their actions than was advised, thankfully everyone is alive and well.

Surely using common sense shouldn’t need Govt guidelines? I find it impossible to blame the them for people’s stupidity/selfishness and rule bending :shrug:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Results in this poll indicates that the fair answer would be "how the **** is anyone supposed to know when there is nothing to compare with?"

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Results in this poll indicates that the fair answer would be "how the **** is anyone supposed to know when there is nothing to compare with?"
Surely if you would like to compare you could compare with the responses of other countries?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Surely if you would like to compare you could compare with the responses of other countries?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Every country got different prerequisites so its difficult to make much out of that. Obesity, genetics, public transport, national rules on ventilation, the material of fecking door handles and all kinds of shit could play a part, there must be at least thousands of factors playing a part. If Sweden and England did the exact same thing as Germany did, theres still no guarantee we would be having as low deaths per 100k as they do. As I see it its literally impossible for governments etc. to know what to do.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Surely using common sense shouldn’t need Govt guidelines? I find it impossible to blame the them for people’s stupidity/selfishness and rule bending :shrug:

When the majority of your population are ignorant stupid and brainwashed they need guidance, people believe what they read in the Sun and the daily Mail FFS . . . They're sheep, they need shepherding!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yup, Government on hiding to nothing in this poll unless they cancel Brexit.
6 out of 10 for me on Covid. I think the messaging should have been much stronger and backed up with sanctions. The re-opening of schools and universities has been a disaster but I think all parties would have made that mistake when faced with the realities of Government.

I was referring to posters on NSC with an anti Johnson agenda over Covid because they voted Remain in the referendum. I think you know that. Carry on. I’m just pointing out that a lot of people can see through it.

If you want to talk about the B word there is a thread on that subject so you wouldn't drag other ones off topic. This is about the Government's handling of Covid :shrug:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I’m comparing with other Governments.

Lots of 9/10 & 10/10 in South East Asia and Australasia. I’d give Germany an 8/10 too.

USA has to be a 3/10 and I’m giving Boris a 5/10. Lots of good stuff like vaccines & furlough etc but he didn’t take the virus seriously until the ***t got it himself. The late lock down insured that we got the highest death rate in Europe. I personally hold Boris responsible for 50% of Covid deaths with his horrific leadership. When you don’t know **** all about dealing with a pandemic (and they should have done because it was top of the Government’s risk register), you should copy countries who are expert at dealing with it, that’s common sense but the nationalist idiot who thinks Britain leads everything was too arrogant to follow best practice with stuff like the early adoption of masks.

I’m sorry but Corbyn (and certainly Starmer) would have done a much better job of protecting lives. If your thing is protecting liberty and jobs, perhaps those two would not have done as well but the thought that those two would have missed all those cobra meetings and not shut down the airports and locked the Country down whilst the rest of Europe was locked down is nonsense. Boris is the worst Prime Minister this country has ever
seen, a real selfish self interested ****ing ***t.

http://borisjohnson.info

https://youtu.be/OWIBJTivpGc

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Oh and not to mention looking after their mates first financially. But that's always been the Tory way.

Even Hancock’s ex-pub landlord got in on the act landing himself a multi million pound PPE contract because he knew the right people. If you were in the circle of people like Johnson & Hancock, Covid-19 could have made you very very rich.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
5/10. poor communication and leadership, though let down by government departments that should have had plans. most criticism is from people who want full lockdown, no restrictions or because they are Tories, these people would never have been content.

should really get a extra point for trying to do an advanced tracking app, restricted by Apple/Google who decided they didnt wont to allow. but they caved in to them.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Just thought we needed another poll.

Actually, I thought it was interesting that someone claimed that

Just wondered if this was correct or not

Yet another sucked in believing that NSC would vote like the UK public, they got Brexit and the election WRONG so why would anyone take a blind bit of notice about this poll?

This was a guide to what the UK might think not NSC.

We know they are within the own bubble of society when it comes to politics.

Yet another pointless poll.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I’m just glad they opted to try and save lives rather than go for the herd mentality to let all the vulnerable die, which would have been the case 100 years ago. To balance the whole thing whilst the roundabout is still turning continues to be a nightmare for all concerned. Damned if they do, and damned if they don’t.The number of non cooperative people we all have to exist with just astounds me and if anyone deserves to score low, it is them. I am grateful to all those involved in defeating this virus and to those people who have lost businesses and their jobs, whether voluntarily or not, to support us in keeping us safe. Most of the mistakes have been identified in hindsight, which is a wonderful thing.
Just glad it’s not me having to put my head above the parapet to manage this unprecedented human disaster.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not great.
Too late to start with by allowing Cheltenham racing to go ahead along with international rugby etc.
Ignoring companies with the expertise in PPE to give contracts to their mates and paying too much for PPE that couldn't be used.
Issuing false statistics on PPE equipment by counting gloves as 2 items etc
Releasing hospital patients to Care Homes with Covid
Not providing PPE to front line staff quick enough partly due to previous Tory cuts
Going with herd immunity at the start rather than closing borders and locking down
Not initially going with masks
Wasting time and money on developing their own app rather than using Apple/Google model.
Than having to use Apple/Google.
But outsourcing track and trace which has failed to deliver.
No tender process on contracts
Poorly worded contracts with no penalty clauses
Johnson dithering as doesn't like negative headlines
Cummings should have been sacked
Over promising but under delivering
Current school issues
Falsely using Brexit as the reason why the UK was the first to authorise use of the vaccine
Eat out to help out which is now known as eat out to spread the virus
Yes quick build of Nightingale hospitals but unable to staff
Too slow too many U Turns
Looking to blame others for their failings

So a 2 for trying.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Slow out of the blocks
Too much dithering and slow to make decisions
Jumbled communication
Disastrous PPE procurement initially

Tempered by :

Unprecedented situation
Sometimes misleading ‘science’
Good job establishing Nightingales
Some aspects of balancing economic aspects have been good

Plus :

NHS have not been swamped (the absolute top priority)
Remarkable front-foot action re vaccine procurement

Probably about a 6 for me. Don’t think the (any) opposition would have been any better. Different decisions perhaps, different mistakes.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Even Hancock’s ex-pub landlord got in on the act landing himself a multi million pound PPE contract because he knew the right people. If you were in the circle of people like Johnson & Hancock, Covid-19 could have made you very very rich.

Exactly! The corruption makes me sick.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yet another sucked in believing that NSC would vote like the UK public, they got Brexit and the election WRONG so why would anyone take a blind bit of notice about this poll?

This was a guide to what the UK might think not NSC.

We know they are within the own bubble of society when it comes to politics.

Yet another pointless poll.

Not working out the way your thought eh, voice of reason?

I will await your data on the approval ratings from outside the bubble. Luckily you are keeping us all abreast of what's going on so it won't take you long.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
+
Quick vaccine action
Furlough
The prominence of the scientists

-
The utter embarrassment that was the cabinet circling the wagons around Cummings after Barnard Castle.
Contracts for your mates via whatsapp, then attempting to hide it befre being faced with multiple FOIs
Constant overpromising and underlivering
Unwilling to make difficult decisions in a timely manner, and then being forced to make the same decision weeks later when it's much worse
The inability to take any criticism as intended and label it as being Anti-NHS
Lying about the vaccine being a result of Brexit

I'll give them a 3.

D

Deleted member 2719

Not working out the way your thought eh, voice of reason?

I will await your data on the approval ratings from outside the bubble. Luckily you are keeping us all abreast of what's going on so it won't take you long.

There is no point in any data on voting for the government at present, so why worry about it.

Stop you whinging and roll your sleeves up.

Have a great Christmas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here