Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Girth Crooks talking bollox again.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
All said completely tongue in cheek,although you do appear to have a vast knowledge of the man and his thought process.

I quite often aim to be a complete prick, sometimes as well!

OK Apologies from me then. And I don't know that much but we are friends and do speak about all things football with each other when we meet up.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
OK Apologies from me then. And I don't know that much but we are friends and do speak about all things football with each other when we meet up.

I am very much a Hughton fan, right back to his Newcastle days where I thought they were mad to sack him, and, he was my preference over Sami. I have a Norwich ST holder friend who was glad to see him go from there, boring football, no ambition,etc etc etc. I tried to explain ,they weren't likely to be a top four side, no matter how much they prayed, and survival was a result for them, but they sackedhim, to much satisfaction from the fans, and promptly went down.

Moral of the story? Be careful what you wish for.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Ernest is correct they are best friends.......This article surprises me. Garth knows how it ended for Chris at Newcastle and how badly he was treated b Ashley & Co.I do too. I have a feeling he would like Newcastle to come knocking at Chris' door knowing they need to bounce back quickly and Ashley knows Chris has great experience and success at Championship level.

That would allow Chris to say ''Thanks but no thanks'' Garth would get a lot of pleasure if that were to happen I think, so I wouldn't be so quick to judge Garth on that article.

way over thinking it, and making a massive assumption that Ashley would come calling for a person he previously rejected. he doesnt seem as the sort to acknowledge a mistake. no, i think this is just Garth saying something to get noticed.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
way over thinking it, and making a massive assumption that Ashley would come calling for a person he previously rejected. he doesnt seem as the sort to acknowledge a mistake. no, i think this is just Garth saying something to get noticed.

Perhaps you are right but Garth I am surprised said anything at all because he wouldn't want any more undue pressure on Chris at this stage and I was just trying to think of a reason he would say anything on this subject at all.

Of course Ashley probably wouldn't come calling for Chris to go back there but to put the idea in the fans heads who would love him back, it keeps the fans hate for Ashley up. The old saying still goes. ''Don't get mad. Get even.''

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am very much a Hughton fan, right back to his Newcastle days where I thought they were mad to sack him, and, he was my preference over Sami. I have a Norwich ST holder friend who was glad to see him go from there, boring football, no ambition,etc etc etc. I tried to explain ,they weren't likely to be a top four side, no matter how much they prayed, and survival was a result for them, but they sackedhim, to much satisfaction from the fans, and promptly went down.

Moral of the story? Be careful what you wish for.

All correct and Norwich got promoted with primarily Chris team and look how they have struggled and look likely to go down again, after the new manager dismantled his team. If Brighton do manage to go up, they wouldn't go down under Chris but the football wouldn't be pretty for a few years

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
"....who narrowly missed out on promotion this season" - er, do they know something we don't???

They actually said "And Crooks questions whether his former Spurs teammate Hughton, who narrowly missed out on automatic promotion with Brighton & Hove Albion this season,"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here