Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Giroud?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
we wont smash the wage structure for anyone. Wont happen

Needs to happen to be top 10 but it wont

It won't affect the wage structure - it would be a LOAN signing for the next 3 and a bit months, not a permanent one. No transfer fee involved, so we just cover his wages till the end of the season to help dig us out of this ever-increasing hole we are drifting towards.

He's a free agent in the summer, so he can get himself fixed up with a permanent deal somewhere then, hopefully after he's put himself in the shop window following a successful loan spell at BHA. He then leaves with our thanks, with his goals and performances having rescued us from relegation.

And its cost us less than £2m.

EVERYONES a winner.

#dreaming

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This normally means his parent club sign him up for another contract (Mooy) or sell him now to make money (Bong).

Not always.

He clearly doesn't figure in Chelsea's plans, so they're obviously not going to offer him another contract. What it boils down to is probably two scenarios.

1. Chelsea find a club willing to BUY him this month (for a reduced fee as he's a free agent in the summer - probably rules us out).
2. There's no buyer. so he goes out to a club on loan for the rest of the season who cover his wages till the summer, whereupon he's then free to go wherever he wants.

The way I see it, the only potential chance for us would be the second scenario as I doubt we'd want to pay a fee, and I doubt Giroud would want to commit himself to BHA beyond the end of this season (if at all !).

Its all conjecture, we're not big enough for him. I would hope we've at LEAST made an inquiry though.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Turned now Newcastle as wants to stay in london, which he could if we went in for him

Unless it’s not location and he’s being polite (would he stay in London if man United were looking?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not always.

He clearly doesn't figure in Chelsea's plans, so they're obviously not going to offer him another contract. What it boils down to is probably two scenarios.

1. Chelsea find a club willing to BUY him this month (for a reduced fee as he's a free agent in the summer - probably rules us out).
2. There's no buyer. so he goes out to a club on loan for the rest of the season who cover his wages till the summer, whereupon he's then free to go wherever he wants.

The way I see it, the only potential chance for us would be the second scenario as I doubt we'd want to pay a fee, and I doubt Giroud would want to commit himself to BHA beyond the end of this season (if at all !).

Its all conjecture, we're not big enough for him. I would hope we've at LEAST made an inquiry though.

Please STOP right now, you are making we think that we might pull this off. We won’t, so stop talking about it PLEASE! :smile:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He's apparently turned them down as he wants to stay in London or go abroad.

He presumably lives in Surrey - he could easily commute to Lancing. Just sayin'...

Didnt Chelsea have a rule that every player, other than Frank Lampard, had to live within 3 miles of Cobham training ground. So that would be about 1 hour drive from Lancing

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
https://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

15:58
GIROUD TURNS DOWN NEWCASTLE

Newcastle made a second attempt to bring Olivier Giroud to St James’ Park in the last 48 hours, but the striker has turned down their advances.

He wants to stay in London, or move to the continent. Giroud is one of three strikers that Tottenham have earmarked as a potential stand-in for the injured Harry Kane.

Islam Slimani and Real Sociedad's Willian Jose are also on Spurs' radar.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
For the love of God, this is NEVER going to happen.

EVER.

I can’t wait for this to be over. Totally beyond our budget, would disrupt the wage structure, harmony and (if he did sign, which he’s never going to do - just to establish that) he’d probably get injured in his first game and that would be that.

Bring on the news he’s joining a much bigger club.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
https://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

15:58
GIROUD TURNS DOWN NEWCASTLE

Newcastle made a second attempt to bring Olivier Giroud to St James’ Park in the last 48 hours, but the striker has turned down their advances.

He wants to stay in London, or move to the continent. Giroud is one of three strikers that Tottenham have earmarked as a potential stand-in for the injured Harry Kane.

Islam Slimani and Real Sociedad's Willian Jose are also on Spurs' radar.

No way will Chelsea let him go to Spurs. They're not going to help out a rival.

He'll probably end up at that Inter retirement home for fringe/past it PL players.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For the love of God, this is NEVER going to happen.

EVER.

I can’t wait for this to be over. Totally beyond our budget, would disrupt the wage structure, harmony and (if he did sign, which he’s never going to do - just to establish that) he’d probably get injured in his first game and that would be that.

Bring on the news he’s joining a much bigger club.

Let's not forget the lovely hair. Singe Giroud and Davy Propper will be gutted. And probably off in the next window. Who wouldn't be. :shrug:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Don't disagree, bottom 5 budget equals bottoms five and sooner or later the luck will run out.

Making claims of top ten by TB was a bit premature when there's no intent to spend like a 10th placed club.

He made claims of being Premier League Ready three seasons before we were there. We scoffed, but when we got there we were indeed ready and are still there. We can look over at clubs like Huddersfield and Hull and Middlesbrough and Cardiff who weren't premier league ready. Now he has said ambition is to be a top ten club. So clearly there IS intent to spend like that. But you don't start bottom 5 club and then instantly try and be a top-10 club, it will take time. We'll be a top ten club when we get there, not try and be a top ten for a season and then crash. We might get relegated in the meantime, but if we put all the pieces together, in the right order, I would back TB to achieve his dream. Lots of teams flirt with top 10 and then fall away, your Stokes of the world, lots go down and then come back, certainly it is EXCEPTIONALLY difficult to be an established top-10 side in the premier league. I'm pretty certain its not achieved with some panicky spending in January though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here