Gillingham sack their manager

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Just seen on the BBC website that Neale Cooper has quit the Pikeys. Thought he was a good appointment in the summer but their team must be one steaming pile of manure.

22nd in League 1, lost 3-2 to a Northern Counties Team in the 1st Round of the FA Cup, can't score a goal to save their lives. You've got Scally talking about possible administration.

Once more I give thanks to Adam Virgo for scoring that goal against Ipswich that kept us up (well I give thanks to everybody in the team including McCammon as well as that Rotherham bloke who scored the OG up there) and keeping us in this division.

There but for the grace of God...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Shouldn't laugh really, but.....

*snigger*

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
[B

There but for the grace of God... [/B]

So true, how many players would have left ?
Would Henderson or McShane have contemplated coming here?

too scary to think about too much :ohmy:

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
I realise I said sacked in the title when he actually resigned, by the way. It's all restructuring to me anyway.

Easy, do you want to post up that article where Scally was talking about splitting Division 1 clubs away from the rest of the league to keep all the money. Nothing like a bit of schadenfreude in the afternoon.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
Easy, do you want to post up that article where Scally was talking about splitting Division 1 clubs away from the rest of the league to keep all the money. Nothing like a bit of schadenfreude in the afternoon.
Happy to oblige.

This is the same Paul Scally who whined like a little BITCH at the (then) D2 and D3 clubs getting the same share of the TV cash as the D1 clubs (this was, of course, when the Gills were in D1). Get this:

BBC site, Nov 2002:
Gillingham chairman Paul Scally has warned that First Division clubs could resign from the Football League. Scally is reportedly unhappy that the £90m television revenue money for the three Football League divisions was distributed equally between all the clubs.

"The problem with the structure at the moment is that Second and Third Division clubs can outvote the First Division clubs," Scally told the Gillingham website. "If the First Division clubs cannot make them see sense, then I think it's highly likely...that the First Division clubs will resign from the Football League. "This would have to be done before Christmas. We have then four months to confirm the resignation." Scally went on to say the support from other Division One clubs was "rock solid".

What a complete and utter COCKER. Bet he soon changed his tune once his scabby little club dropped back down to the lower divs. I also noticed THIS

BBC site, Oct 2003:
Scally denies administration claims

Gillingham chairman Paul Scally insists the club will go into administration "over my dead body". Player-manager Andy Hessenthaler revealed at the weekend that the First Division outfit may be forced into administration. But Scally told the club's official website: "It is no secret that the players' salaries are the club's biggest cost and I travelled to Manchester on Friday to outline the position to the Professional Footballers' Association.

"I showed them all our cash-flow projections for the next few months and the union seemed very sympathetic to our situation.
"This is the biggest challenge I have faced in my time at the club, but I'm sure we'll come through it. It's over my dead body that we will go into administration."

Does that mean he might die soon ?
Every cloud eh.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Apart from those 2 obviously.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
It does show how vital it is we stay in this division until we get Falmer built. What are their attendances like this season compared to last year??

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I have a couple of friends who are season ticket holders at GIllingham and they are not happy at the moment. No real way forward for them.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I reckon old Scally's got pretty fat at the Gills expense,a bit of a poor mans Archer.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
As much as I dislike Scally, I would not want to see any team go out of business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports