Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gig injuries

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
What injuries have you picked up at gigs/witnessed at gigs?

Only brusing (and a couple of cuts today) for me, but got talking to someone at the Milburn gig who broke his leg at the fratellis gig. Ouch.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Took a bit of a kicking trying to get on stage at one of the Libertines' Christmas gigs. Took 3 of them to stop me getting on and they weren't exactly, err, gentle in their attempts to get me back in the crowd!!!

RAAAAGGGHHHHHH!!! :lolol: :lolol:

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
Did you actually tray and climb up there, or did you crowd surf, and just got carried away?

Saw one that must have been really painfil today. Some bloke was crowd surfing, and instead of coming to the ground on his feet, he fell with a massive thud, flat on his back :lolol:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Edward Scissorhands said:
Did you actually tray and climb up there, or did you crowd surf, and just got carried away?

Saw one that must have been really painfil today. Some bloke was crowd surfing, and instead of coming to the ground on his feet, he fell with a massive thud, flat on his back :lolol:

No, actually tried to get on stage. It was the gig that was used for the video to 'Can't Stand Me Now'. They invited a stage invasion, but by the time I got to the front, security were wise to it.

Libertines

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Broken nose at a Blur concert, I was kneed in the face by a crowd surfer.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Bruised ribs at a Verve concert. Was right at the front and there was a big push and I was squashed against the railings.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
chrsit here we go:

got crushed at Donnington Monsters Of Rock 1996
Stage dived onto the ground for some reason
Crowd Surfing to Green Day and landed on my head
Obvious bruises from moshing over the years, they are most common!

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Bit of rib crushing at Donnington in '94, somehow done my ankle ligaments at the Blur gig in '97. Also had several bouts of sunburn over the years at festivals, not helped each time by my ever thinning hair :D

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I was minding my own business in the stalls during a Ramones gig at the Brixton Academy, when some pissed up twat falls off the balcony and lands on my head.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Trufflehound said:
I was minding my own business in the stalls during a Ramones gig at the Brixton Academy, when some pissed up twat falls off the balcony and lands on my head.

:lolol: :lolol:

I've never had an injury at a gig but a mate was beaten up by skinheads at a Sham 69 gig. And I saw some nasty incidents at The Clash in Crawley in 1978, easily the most scary gig I've been to.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
The funniest injury I saw was a lead singer for a support band at a gig at Brixton academy, I can't remember the name of the band but they were utter shite and the lead singer decided to stage dive and rather then catch him everyone move dout of the way and the bloke lay on the floor int he middle of the pit being laughed at trying to finish the song before being picked up by the security staff.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Gwylan said:
:lolol: :lolol:

I've never had an injury at a gig but a mate was beaten up by skinheads at a Sham 69 gig. And I saw some nasty incidents at The Clash in Crawley in 1978, easily the most scary gig I've been to.

I had the shit kicked out of me by skinheads at a Siouxsie gig at the Brighton Centre, Ju Ju tour.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
A Reggae band called Inner Circle were supporting Average White band at the Dome and the lead singer at the end of the concert ( which for a support band they were superb) threw the microphone stand down and it fell on to the folks in the front row ( moi).

I suffered a bruised head and cut a Ben Sherman tank top:down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

Great gig though.

BTW Had a set to at a Specials gig in hammersmith with some pissed up skins. this twat pushed me over and I rearranged his nose....my hand hurt for weeks:angel: :angel: :angel:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
The funniest thing I ever saw was Chappers getting a tooth knocked out at an Arctic Monkeys gig about a year or so back.

:clap: :clap:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Couple of injuries playing. I fell through a stage once in Holland, the floorboards were rotten. I jumped up in the air at one point in true rock star fashion and when I landed the floor gave way beneath me.

Another self-inflicted one was when I was playing in a band years ago and our manager was also a bouncer and martial arts freak. About an hour before we were supposed to play he came up to me and said he'd been learning this new grip on someone's arm that would incapacitate them by using pressure points and could he practise on me? Like an idiot I said yes. So I stuck my arm out and he squeezed it around the wrist/forearm area, there was no pain, just the feel of his fingers. He kept asking 'Does it hurt yet?' and I kept saying 'No'. All of a sudden just asd I was getting bored a blinding pain shot up my arm and I shouted "Yes that hurts now!". My arm was still numb an hour later and I had to play the gig one-handed. Fortuantely I was a keyboard player and it was just my left hand so apart from looking stupid it wasn't too bad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here