Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GiffGaff

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
Hi,

Does anyone know if you can put a GiffGaff sim in an iphone locked to O2?

I know they use the same network but will the sim work?

Thanks

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Yes, if you have the 4s you will need the microSIM. If you are planning on getting the 5 then unfortunately they require a nanoSIM which GiffGaff haven't got currently.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Your opinion. I have been with them since January 2011 and the service has been faultless. Best deal out there in MY opinion.

This all over. Been with them for about the same amount of time, and I have only known the service to go down once. They're not keen on tethering though :D

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Your opinion. I have been with them since January 2011 and the service has been faultless. Best deal out there in MY opinion.

Totally agree. I have my kids on it PAYG - unlimited text, unlimited data + 250 mins + free to other GG users for £10 month - nothing else comes close to that deal.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Can you keep your number if you are already on O2 but changing phones?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm on GiffGaff, and it is a great service at an unbeatable price (iPhone 4S). I've had a 1/2 day outage where their servers crashed or something, but that has been it. £10 per month for 250mins, unlimited data and texts, no contract = unbeatable! :thumbsup:

I kept my number as well. All I had to do was trim the full size sim down to micro sim size which you can do with a stanley knife or scissors (you're only cutting the plastic surround - very easy).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've been completely happy with them. I must chew through ridiculous amounts of data, but to the best of my knowledge I'm not had any restrictions or speed limits imposed. For £10 a month (soon likely to be £13) it is ridiculously good value.

I shall likely be moving, if only in the short term, as they won't have Nano SIMs available for iPhone 5 at launch.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Could someone do me a favour?

New offer from giffgaff this weekend for members. If someone orders a SIM card through my page, I get £2 (the SIM card is free and so is postage). You don't even have to activate it.

Although, if you do activate it, we both get £5.
If anyone is considering switching to giffgaff, not only do I recommend it, but I would appreciate it if you could order it through my page (we both still get £5, even if you don't order it this weekend) : Free Sim Cards - Order Your Free Sims with giffgaff.com

More info: Share giffgaff, pick up £2 bonus payback - offer e... - The giffgaff community

Offer ends Sunday!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here