Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Giant Banner/Flag To Pass Around Amex

horam267

Feb 24, 2010
Would only be able to go along one stand thou!!
Knowing my luck id be begind it and miss a vital goal!

DanielT

i did like that massive brighton kit. who kept that? could we use it?

edit: unless this is a north stand idea, in which case, as a WSU-ite, i shall shhh (not on match day, I said I'm in WSU, not the east stand)

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
Might be worth reading the thread on the REMF section on NSC, under Robert Eaton Flag 2, a thread from 2010 that basically covers the old flag history, potential suppliers and issues there might be with such a flag. It looks like the idea and thought is there but after the last one the will is not. However, maybe someone now we have the stadium will actually be prepared to take on the project of getting another flag of the right material and be prepared to look after it?

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
We need a giant banner/flag to pass around a stand at falmer like what they do at anfield :)

No we don't. :wrong:

We've done that before. It was too heavy (being made of woven lead as far as I could tell) and it smelt damp after a while and no-one could be bothered to take responsibility for it.

Bert365

May 7, 2006
theres a nice piece of concrete at the back of the WSU maybe a big SEAGULLS banner would look quite nice

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We need a giant banner/flag to pass around a stand at falmer like what they do at anfield :)

We already managed to lose one giant flag cos everybody loved the idea but few could be arsed with the realities of lugging the bugger around and taking responsibility for it. Oh well, it was GRAND while we had it :shrug:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
IMO, having lugged the last one about the place on many occasions:

1. Get it made in lightweight fabric, the last one was beautifully made, but very heavy, especially when wet.
2. Get the club to organise it.
3. Seriously, see item 2, after the initial novelty wears off you'll struggle to find anyone to help, and you'll get whingers complaining that they can't see Gullys Girls/The Opposition players warming up/The colour of the referees tracksuit and heaven forbid if it's still up there when the whistle goes to start play.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
If it gets done and actually made, as long as the club will give us somewhere to store it in the north stand (as that's where I'm sitting) I will quite happily take responsibility for putting it away after the game.
I will of course also happily make a donation to the cost.

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
couldnt it start in the WSU then flipping down to the prawn sangers then dropping down to the WSL then the players stop playing and pull it across the pitch to the easties who pass it to the players who... What dya mean no?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here