Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gianluca Vialli - RIP

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Bloody hell ! That's terrible news. He was one of footballs real gentlemen in the way that he played the game and spoke about it. RIP Gianluca, you will be missed.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Great footballer and always came over as a real gentleman, one of the games nice guys.
RIP Gianluca

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
RIP

Really sad news

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I seem to remember seeing the highlights of a Chelsea match in a European competition up in the far, far north - possibly Finland(?) - played in a raging blizzard. Vialli bursting through the snowstorm to score a goal is an iconic image which has somehow stuck in my mind.

RIP Gianluca - an Italian who could not only do it on a wet Tuesday night in Stoke, but could also do it in a freezing blizzard somewhere up near the Arctic circle!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He always came across in the media as a really nice guy who was also very smart but a lot of fun too. What a tradgey at that age. RIP

I’m finding that it’s very easy to fall in love with Italian managers so I do feel for the Chelsea mob on this occasion.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
One of the odd things about that scuzzy club Chelsea was that they had a big group of very likeable foreign players back in the 90s.
I especially liked Vialli. Very sad to hear this news.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
I had the pleasure of working with him a handful of times through the years. He is what you would have imagined him to be, and more. A real loss, and I feel desperately sad for his wife and two young daughters.

It is worth listening to the James Richardson podcast about him - and James Horncastle wrote a lovely story about his band of brother relationship with Roberto Mancini.

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
Such sad news this
I seem to recall him getting every player to drink a glass of champagne before his first match in charge at Chelsea
He oozed class
RIP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here