Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gianluca Vialli - RIP

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I lost a work-mate about 10 years ago to Pancreatic Cancer [just turned 60] - seems it's one of the cancers that they've yet to find any sort of fight-back against - just a matter of time.

RIP Luca - thanks for the memories

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
This is really sad news. He always came across as a down to earth guy with a big heart. RIP Gianluca

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Very sad. A fine player and he always came across as a good guy. RIP.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He always came across in the media as a really nice guy who was also very smart but a lot of fun too. What a tradgey at that age. RIP

I’m finding that it’s very easy to fall in love with Italian managers so I do feel for the Chelsea mob on this occasion.
When my son was about 12, we both found his press conferences (as Chelsea manager) quite amusing.

"In the firs' 'alf, we 'ave some chan ses.
In the secon' 'alf, we also 'ave some chan ses"

My son always thought it amusing to change the second part to:

"In the secon' 'alf, I faa ted!

Still makes me smile thinking about that now.

RIP Luca.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Very sad RIP

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I have a Chelsea STH friend of Italian descent who worked in Milan 2 or 3 days a week during the period when Vialli worked for Sky Italy. One Monday morning they were sat next to each other on the flight from London and chatted through the flight. A few weeks later my friend was in the BA lounge waiting for his flight when Luca approached him and reminded him that they had sat next to each other previously, in case he didn't remember 🤣🤣🤣🤣
What a lovely man.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I always wanted to meet him and hoped I would have got him as a client. Sadly never happened. But I loved him as a player. Always seemed to be smiling for the 90 minutes he was on the pitch.

I am really saddened by this news. Wish it wasn't true :(

Every time I see the 2nd Abba Movie the guy who played the part of the guy who stamped the passports when the are getting on the boat always reminds me of him .

I don't really believe in Heaven but if there is one. He will be a good addition to its ranks

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here