Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting Rid of Foxes?

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Alpacas work a treat. They seriously hate foxes. I'm an organic egg farmer with lots of hens and although I haven't got Alpacas, but lots of people with outdoorsy hens recommend them. Couple for the back garden?

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I once asked a gamekeeper the exact same question.

His answer was: pee in some plastic beakers and place them around your garden boundaries. Place some perforated cardboard, weighted down, over the top to prevent the scent dissipating too quickly. Foxes will generally be reluctant to enter anywhere with a strong human scent.

That is correct, when i go night fishing its a good idea to piss near where your bivvy is, as it keep alot of animals away from you.

cammac

Nov 12, 2011
Eastbourne
Depends how hard the cat is. I've seen my old cat (RIP) bolt at a fox and chase it out of the garden before.

ef154c949622.jpg

Now that's hard!

Last edited:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
You want to llive near me my bloody neighbour puts out fresh meat bones at night to feed the bloody things along with also feeding the sodding seagulls might consider respraying my car to be bird shit colour just to cut out the middle man!

I have sympathy with you there as I have a neighbour who feeds them too.

Trouble is they shit in my garden which pisses me off somewhat, six foot fence all around or not.

The foxes that is, not the seagulls !

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
If you get really desperate give Ian holloway a
Call, he got rid of the foxes for a couple of years.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Alpacas work a treat. They seriously hate foxes. I'm an organic egg farmer with lots of hens and although I haven't got Alpacas, but lots of people with outdoorsy hens recommend them. Couple for the back garden?

That or get a pig. Haven't seen a fox on my land in years but have spotted them running through nextdoors fields

Dean Deyn

Nov 25, 2008
I found the product "Scoot" very effective. It's a powder which you mix with water, then spray on your garden. Robert Dyas in Western Road stock it, or you can buy it on the web (eg Amazon).

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
This one did work but foxes are probably too domesticated now, go to the barbers and ask for the day's hair sweepings. Put this into some tights and tie on your fences, the fox smells human and doesn't enter. Like I say did work but I bet they'd take no notice now.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
There are two foxes that frequently appear in my garden during the day, just making a nuisance of themselves and destroying plants etc... plus they freak out my family, and we can't leave any doors open unattended in case they come in. :annoyed:

Any sensible suggestions to "get rid" that I can realistically do, or anyone to contact who deals with "relocating" them?

Get Sven in to manage them. The last foxes he took over were soon broke and dropped out of sight for a while.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Bit of a silly quote. I don't think packs of hounds and toffs on Horses riding through the suburbs is really the answer do you. ???

What about if they were not 'toffs', would that be ok?

You don't need to go into the suburbs to start having an effect on the fox population. It can start in the countryside and will have a knock on effect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here