Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting players forward quickly

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Yes, terrible syntax I know, but that was the difference for me tonight. When we broke we had options, not just CMS. Buckley, Orlandi and Barnes were all getting in the mixer quicker than has been the case in other games recently. We bettered a Leeds side that cost three or four times as much as our boys in every area of the park tonight but the attacking strength that has been absent for a few weeks was the thing that impressed me most.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Orlandi in the middle made the difference for me, he was direct and run forward. The link between midfield and attack.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Orlandi in the middle made the difference for me, he was direct and run forward. The link between midfield and attack.

That's the first time I've seen Orlandi in a good run out and I like what I saw. Yes, it was a glaring miss but that happens to the best.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Big big improvement in the way we played today.

The players seemed up for it and as a fan there was at last something to cheer about.

More excitement in this game than our last three home games combined.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Big big improvement in the way we played today.

The players seemed up for it and as a fan there was at last something to cheer about.

More excitement in this game than our last three home games combined.

Totally agree. Exciting match. Much improved

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
When we broke we had options, not just CMS. Buckley, Orlandi and Barnes were all getting in the mixer quicker than has been the case in other games recently. We bettered a Leeds side that cost three or four times as much as our boys in every area of the park tonight but the attacking strength that has been absent for a few weeks was the thing that impressed me most.

Excuse my Spanish, but its not f***ing rocket science. Many many people on here have been bemoaning the lack of urgency in getting the ball forward for all of this season and much of last season also. Slow patient build-up play just doesn't hack it. Never will. Not quite sure why the manager whas been one of the last to realise that.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Think Buckley and Orlandi had more or less free roles tonight. We also played a few balls over the top to CMS which suits him a whole lot better

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Think Buckley and Orlandi had more or less free roles tonight. We also played a few balls over the top to CMS which suits him a whole lot better

This. Buckley looked very good tonight some incredible touches and great runs which really showed his class. Orlandi looked good in first half needs a bit more match fitness. Dobbie also looked good when he came in the ball he played to CMS which was given as a handball was sublime and curled around the centre half beautifully. If we play like that on Tuesday Peterborough could be in for a hammering.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All of the above and I was particularly relieved to see that Dobbie in his very short time on the pitch looked absolute quality with his touches, movement and the shot that was very sweetly hit. Big plus if we can get him firing. All in all a VERY encouraging performance

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Agree with everything here and have been saying this for weeks

Pace and Purpose

The difference is immense ... it makes for a more open game but let's hope Gus has the bottle to continue to play like this.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Credit to Leeds for coming here and playing football. Not like the last few loads of comedians who just parked the bus in front of the goal. Tbh I thought we'd lost the ability to play football, but on last night's showing, we can play in all departments of the field. Great game, and well done lads :thumbsup:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Everyone looked up for it last night. It wasn't just the renewed sense of urgency that impressed me, it was some of the skill on the ball we displayed (Buckley and Bridge both had some great moments and Bridcutt was on fire, as usual). Strangely I wasn't that impressed by Orlandi but maybe I wasn't watching his performance as much as other posters.

Really good entertainment value - a win would have been nice but I think we got our money's worth last night.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Oop's thats why he didn't .. didn't see the subs bench

Although, interestingly, KLL was involved in the warm up on the pitch. He looked thoroughly pissed off from where I was sitting and was evidently gutted at not making the squad. I wonder whether we might have seen the last of him in a Brighton shirt? It does look as if Gus doesn't rate him much if he can't even get on a 7 man bench.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Slow patient build-up play just doesn't hack it. Never will. Not quite sure why the manager whas been one of the last to realise that.
Did he not get your email?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here