Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Getting grumpy with the people who sit around you.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Maybe I’m just getting grumpy but I see so many vaping in seats during the game. Is it allowed or do the stewards just not bother challenging it?
The guy near to me who was having a loud conversation with his mates three rows below during the first half, was non stop vaping. Also kept getting up to stand in the aisle and continue the conversation until he phoned someone in the crowd and arranged to go and meet up with them 30 mins into the game. Thank goodness.

The guys behind me weren’t fans of either team but had bet on West Ham to win. Spent the first 65 mins talking non stop about the in-play bets they were putting on. Left on 65th minute saying Brighton are shite and they wouldn’t pay 80p for Mitoma, let alone 80million.

Guy in front to my right was obviously a West Ham fan. Constantly zooming in on their players to take pics. Jumping in his seat when they scored. Left just after the third goal. The guys next to him were Brighton but constantly getting up and down from their seats and spent very little time in the stands.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not allowed. Report them.

Vaping gets on my tits how people think it’s acceptable enclosed spaces or around kids. No one wants to smell your tooty fruiti asbo vape juice, leave it at home

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Vaping - no not meant to be but it’s water vapour and harmless so best to let it slide and chill. If you have a mouth to lung you can easily do it without letting out clouds of smoke too.

The rest - yeh pretty annoying. I heard a long convo about JWP along from me ‘should get have stayed at Southampton etc’ and it’s each to their own but save the long pub chats for to just that - not at the games where my thoughts are everyone should be kicking every ball with the lads 🤷🏻‍♂️

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not allowed. Report them.

Vaping gets on my tits how people think it’s acceptable enclosed spaces or around kids. No one wants to smell your tooty fruiti asbo vape juice, leave it at home
This. Smoke proper fags in designated smoking areas you utter back tos.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Maybe I’m just getting grumpy but I see so many vaping in seats during the game. Is it allowed or do the stewards just not bother challenging it?
The guy near to me who was having a loud conversation with his mates three rows below during the first half, was non stop vaping. Also kept getting up to stand in the aisle and continue the conversation until he phoned someone in the crowd and arranged to go and meet up with them 30 mins into the game. Thank goodness.

The guys behind me weren’t fans of either team but had bet on West Ham to win. Spent the first 65 mins talking non stop about the in-play bets they were putting on. Left on 65th minute saying Brighton are shite and they wouldn’t pay 80p for Mitoma, let alone 80million.

Guy in front to my right was obviously a West Ham fan. Constantly zooming in on their players to take pics. Jumping in his seat when they scored. Left just after the third goal. The guys next to him were Brighton but constantly getting up and down from their seats and spent very little time in the stands.
What do you expect in the tunnel club?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Umm…did have a rather large chap to one side of me today …took up his seat and half of mine 👀
Come to think of it maybe he was responsible for ESU running out of nosh

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Vaping - no not meant to be but it’s water vapour and harmless so best to let it slide and chill. If you have a mouth to lung you can easily do it without letting out clouds of smoke too.

The rest - yeh pretty annoying. I heard a long convo about JWP along from me ‘should get have stayed at Southampton etc’ and it’s each to their own but save the long pub chats for to just that - not at the games where my thoughts are everyone should be kicking every ball with the lads 🤷🏻‍♂️
It’s far from harmless, Covid is resurgent and you smell like an 8 year old girl blowing Hubba Bubba bubbles and look like a c**t.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It’s far from harmless, Covid is resurgent and you smell like an 8 year old girl blowing Hubba Bubba bubbles and look like a c**t.
Do it on the quiet in the right place it’s ok imo. But I do that instead of smoking and I’m not perfect so… sorry 😬

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Two 60 year old blokes in our row, match day mates it appears, take turns in edging past us circa 20 times a game during play. One really, really reeks of the demon liquor. Presumably for loo visits.

Not angry with them, it’s almost a joke.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The CCTV of the image just released

homer-smoking.gif

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Do it on the quiet in the right place it’s ok imo. But I do that instead of smoking and I’m not perfect so… sorry 😬
If it really got people off fags and then stopped off nicotine totally it would be fine. But they’re actively targeting kids, many of who can’t cope with the addiction and skip lessons at school.

Cravings are worse when you’ve been drinking so the minority are basically spitting neon flavoured air at people who don’t want it at football and other places.

I saw a woman in her 40s take a last drag on a vape just outside Boundary Rd Tesco this morning and exhale it inside the shop all over the security guard. Try doing that with a Marlboro Red. Must be massively addicted to behave like that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If it really got people off fags and then stopped off nicotine totally it would be fine. But they’re actively targeting kids, many of who can’t cope with the addiction and skip lessons at school.

Cravings are worse when you’ve been drinking so the minority are basically spitting neon flavoured air at people who don’t want it at football and other places.

I saw a woman in her 40s take a last drag on a vape just outside Boundary Rd Tesco this morning and exhale it inside the shop all over the security guard. Try doing that with a Marlboro Red. Must be massively addicted to behave like that.

Totally agree, vapes are a double edged sword.

Fantastic that huge numbers of smokers have given up the poisonous cancer sticks.

But kids en masse are now addicted to an expensive hobby with ill effects. Our street is a school run, almost every 11 year old upwards is vaping away. From my 80’s teenage era onwards, the majority of males didn’t smoke. So vaping is pulling in people who would never have smoked. Including my asthmatic teenage daughter :( who joined the crowd to fit in with literally all her close mates.

Last edited:

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Anyone have WHU fans in home sections? Didnt spot any in North today but as repirted on matchdayvthread a 1901 sat in the away stand.

As for vape/smoke its not allowed, disrespectful and needs calling out

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Totally agree, vapes are a double edged sword.

Fantastic that huge numbers of smokers have given up the poisonous cancer sticks.

But kids en masse are now addicted to an expensive hobby with ill effects. On street is a school run, almost every 11 year old upwards is vaping away. From my 80’s teenage era onwards, the majority of males didn’t smoke. So vaping is pulling in people who would never have smoked. Including my asthmatic teenage daughter :( who joined the crowd to fit in with literally all her close mates.

Are you surprised given how they are marketed and the ‘flavours’ available. https://www.vapeclub.co.uk/disposable-vape/lost-mary/

They should just make one flavour legal - dog shit , then see who is really ‘addicted’

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Was it Todd Boehly and Paul Winstanley by any chance ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here