Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting feisty in the south stand?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Mate just texted me, a bit of handbags in the train queue after the game too.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
yeah did see the SWC retreat quickly but I also think the response from stewards and police was wholly inadequate for this type of game and took too long. Even in the North when the Police box crew got upset about a Sami out banner and got aggressive with other fans the stewards didn't seem to care

Agreed. I actually thought the Millwall supporters were going to reach the home fans at one stage.

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
yeah did see the SWC retreat quickly but I also think the response from stewards and police was wholly inadequate for this type of game and took too long. Even in the North when the Police box crew got upset about a Sami out banner and got aggressive with other fans the stewards didn't seem to care

The problem is its private land so the stewards are "in charge" it's up to them so say we need help. You could see all the police waiting and probably saying we NEED to help now.

I'd have retreated to be far..!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
That's exactly how I saw it from the North, well done those who stood their ground.

I saw it from the North as well and at least half of them legged it even though they were protected by stewards and a no mans land of seats.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Were you all watching the SW retreat from your sofas ? because nobody i was stood with moved a inch

From where I was sitting in wsu it looked like a few families moved to safety, in the main everyone else stood their ground

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
If you goad Millwall supporters there's normally a reaction. What was unsurprising was how fast our supporters retreated when the invitation was accepted.

What are you on about the only retreats were from the people with kids and people who weren't goading. From were I was sat none of the Brighton moved an inch. Millwall didn't try that hard getting through the 2nd barrier.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
From where I was sitting in wsu it looked like a few families moved to safety, in the main everyone else stood their ground

Dont know what happend behind me , and being a area with lots of kids in quite understandable if parents did usher their kids away , i would of done the same , but if those there had not stood their ground i would hazard a guess that the millwall fans would not have stopped at the 3ft bit of netting that separated the 2 sets of fans at the start of the handbags , but they didn't , why didn't they ? because their bluff was called by a 100 or so supporters not willing to be taken the piss out of , nothing big nothing clever and nothing violent , we just stood together , pity its not the same on the pitch .

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Thats what I saw as well. Also the only person who appeared to be arrested was a Brighton fan who was standing his ground too enthusiastically.

most arrests are made in the weeks after when CCTV has been examined

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What are you on about the only retreats were from the people with kids and people who weren't goading. From were I was sat none of the Brighton moved an inch. Millwall didn't try that hard getting through the 2nd barrier.

I would imagine that having got through the first barrier, the second one was the next target. It is a blessing that the Police eventually turned up, otherwise it could have meant a lot of innocent folk being hurt. It's a shame that the people with youngsters and those not goading were placed in that position.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That was some tarpaulin. 100-odd Wall fans steamed past a line of stewards to get the two dozen Albion fans only to be thwarted by what must be the toughest piece of canvas ever constructed.

Dont know what happend behind me , and being a area with lots of kids in quite understandable if parents did usher their kids away , i would of done the same , but if those there had not stood their ground i would hazard a guess that the millwall fans would not have stopped at the 3ft bit of netting that separated the 2 sets of fans at the start of the handbags , but they didn't , why didn't they ? because their bluff was called by a 100 or so supporters not willing to be taken the piss out of , nothing big nothing clever and nothing violent , we just stood together , pity its not the same on the pitch .
:moo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpevZ0-wUYQ

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
And fair play to you sir for that. If the team showed half that passion we'd not be in this f*cking mess.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That was some tarpaulin. 100-odd Wall fans steamed past a line of stewards to get the two dozen Albion fans only to be thwarted by what must be the toughest piece of canvas ever constructed.

More delayed than thwarted. Although, had they attempted to clamber over it rather than pull it apart, watching a group of 20 stone drunks slipping down the tarpaulin would have been the best entertainment all night.

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
Typical millwall, bunch of hyped up c**** acting hard, on the bridge after the game they were all chanting and giving it large until a handful of brighton fans went up to them, had there not been so many coppers they would've got what they deserved. They're nothing but vile, sub-human scum

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
More delayed than thwarted. Although, had they attempted to clamber over it rather than pull it apart, watching a group of 20 stone drunks slipping down the tarpaulin would have been the best entertainment all night.
No. Definitely thwarted. None got through that pesky plastic, did they?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here