Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Getting a moped

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Much as so many cyclists irritate me I respect their bravery in being mobile targets for angry motorists. You wouldn’t catch me on a bike or a moped. Oh hang in it’s Easy’s wife who is going to be taking her life in her hands every day not Easy himself :wink:

I used to have one of these before there was so much traffic, loved it too

2A92552C-7699-4073-AAD9-0ECA04A6F78A.jpeg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Piaggio is the only make I'd consider for modern. There is a very good dealer/service garage locally, spares are plentiful if needed and they have decades of proven reliability. If they survivved 80's scooter boy punishemnt, they're good.

Whilst I have old scooters I'd be seriously considering electric. If it'll do 40mph it's more than enough and all you need locally.

A good Lid and gloves, as well as a protective /armoured jacket are a must

CBT is simple and fun if you're with a good instructor.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
What’s with all this ‘license’ bullshit? Is she gonna be taking her hog down I-95 to hit the movie theater while getting some chips, dips and candy from the drug store en route?
???

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
No license? Try an electric bike - none of the formalities, insurance, etc, - and you can borrow it to go to the pub in the evening!

I would go electric if I needed a scooter for around town. I don't mean the illegal ones either.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The good lady 10 could ride 2 abreast.

Which I'm sure would be a pleasant surprise for everyone.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I can see it now: "The Footy Fan, his Wife and the Moped"

Take out / increase life policy premium first and make sure you have a sound alibi

Seriously, as others have said, avoid the 50cc moped as these are really only for getting 16 year olds mobile [I assume your missus is older than this]
She can ride up to 125cc on "L" plates so find something easy to ride e.g. can she do clutch & gears or will she need an automatic.

Oh, and a good set of waterproofs too.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Get her to take her test ASAP then get her a Yamaha R6, she'll get to work/wherever much faster than she ever thought possible...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here