Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

getting a bit tin pot?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh who really cares? It's not as though the food/drink/merchandise at our (or any other football) ground is a bargain anyway, am I really going to forego a pre-match pint once I'm inside simply because I might get 5% back instead of 10%?

Any business worth its salt tailors the discounts it might offer according to the peaks and troughs of sales: that's why you all pay the earth to take your kids away during the summer holidays, or find that a pub's offering a second pint at half price before 7pm. I don't see anyone telling the pub it's unfair on people who want to drink after 7pm.

Oh who really cares? It's not as though the food/drink/merchandise at our (or any other football) ground is a bargain anyway, am I really going to forego a pre-match pint once I'm inside simply because I might get 5% back instead of 10%?

Any business worth its salt tailors the discounts it might offer according to the peaks and troughs of sales: that's why you all pay the earth to take your kids away during the summer holidays, or find that a pub's offering a second pint at half price before 7pm. I don't see anyone telling the pub it's unfair on people who want to drink after 7pm.

I don't willingly go to a pub, pay a large sum of money to get in, get locked in for the duration of the opening hours, and cheer the bar staff and buy the same Brewery branded T Shirts as they are wearing as they go about their job though.

That's the difference here.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't willingly go to a pub, pay a large sum of money to get in, get locked in for the duration of the opening hours, and cheer the bar staff and buy the same Brewery branded T Shirts as they are wearing as they go about their job though.

That's the difference here.

Remind me when the Albion last locked you in, or forced you to buy a shirt?

Remind me when the Albion last locked you in, or forced you to buy a shirt?

Well it's like being locked in though, if you leave you can't come back. And I didn't at any point say I was forced to buy a shirt, I am merely pointing out that football fans DO buy shirts and even go as far as to have their favorite member of staff's name printed on them.

Your analogy of going to a pub is flawed on that basis.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think it's a bit tin pot that no-one checked it actually made sense before sending it out.
I'm assuming it's 5% discount betwen full-time and 30 mins after full time but that's not actually what it says

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well it's like being locked in though, if you leave you can't come back. And I didn't at any point say I was forced to buy a shirt, I am merely pointing out that football fans DO buy shirts and even go as far as to have their favorite member of staff's name printed on them.

Your analogy of going to a pub is flawed on that basis.

I disagree. There you go.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I don't understand why people get so worked up about these trivial things. If NSC didn't exist, would these things even be a topic of conversation? Go to the pub, maybe go to the ground for one, maybe don't, if you're hungry buy a pie, if you're not, don't. Who cares whether you get 37p back for buying a pint 90 minutes before the game or whenever it is? If you can't afford it then just don't buy one, bring your own food. It's such a boring subject I can't believe there are so many threads about it.

Stop it now. This really is no place for such sensible, logical thinking. This is NSC, where we have a binfest over every tiny detail that ever comes out from the club, ESPECIALLY if it involves food, or drink or Barber. This topic covers ALL THREE.

Therefore, we must .... :catfight:

Some of our "big" fans will see it as a reward as they guzzle pints and scoff pies to get the extra cashback :lol:

To get extra % off they will have to arrive 2 hrs before ko and will be thirsty/hungry again by the time it goes to 5% and 0% :facepalm: By all means knock the season ticket discount on the head just delays the process. They could knock 50p off all beer after the game:thumbsup: They keep setting themselves up for the moaners.Going to arrive just before ko in future and swerve the burger bar.:moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here