Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Getafe - many sold?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Yeah, on this forum.

No, don’t agree with first bit, maybe watch the video in my signature before saying stuff like that.

Yeah, maybe every time flu comes about we can all stay indoors for a few months and we can add even more debt to the £300 billion we owe.

You do know the earth is not flat don't you....

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I think the most disappointing part about tonight was that I was dropped off on the Stanmer side of the stadium! I had no idea there was an underpass & I had to follow people as I'm used to being dropped off at 'The Keep' bus stop. I even had to walk over the train station bridge! I had a bit of a kerfuffle upon reaching the outer perimeter where I tried to multi task & put my mask on while holding out my phone and passport. I confess to holding up the queue for 10 seconds as I dropped my passport. I then held up proceedings by a further 5 seconds by putting my phone where you'd normally put your ticket (it goes on top).
Once in the stadium I headed for the bar, ordered food and beverages with no problem & quite enjoyed this cashless system as I didn't have to mess around finding change. My biggest faux pas was at half time when I went to the bar and forgot to put my mask on, whilst in the queue I realised and put it on. I found the biggest hurdle was carrying 2 pints, 2 pies & a bottle of coke back to the recipients without drenching the pies in beer.
Yes it will be different with 30k+ people there, but according to the attendance tonight that is 7091 of us who have managed it tonight & will know for next time (theoretically).
I don't care that we lost, it was just nice to be there after 18 months. The pies are as nice as ever! :)

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Ha. It was all very easy. The only surprise was that the Covid/ID check was a few yards away from the turnstiles so fiddling around changing from the screenshot of the Covid pass to Google Pay, putting away my ID, getting searched and going through the turnstiles was all done very quickly. I got the impression the Covid check would be done on the stadium border (not a criticism, just an observation).

I was expecting the checks would be on the stadium border too, having them by the turnstiles meant you were able enter the shop without being checked which I thought was a little odd.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I have a friend who is double jabbed and will not be going anymore because he refuses to use a passport/test to get into a ground, I’ve spoken to quite a few who feel the same, I certainly wouldn’t use one. Strange if we are the only (of one of the only clubs to be using them) as I think it will stop a few thousand going over the course of the season, so that’s going to hurt the club money wise, can’t see many sell outs this season, although this isn’t the only reason why.

Said friend also had the same problem of not having an up to date ID and phone, he got the ID sorted in the end all for the club to then say he needed a vaccine passport. He then asked for refund, but the club said no. He’s become totally disillusioned by the whole thing and won’t be coming again.

What should be a case of pretty much ‘getting back to normal’ like almost every other club, Brighton & Hove Albion are using a system that is anything but normal and alienating some fans whilst doing it. I despair.

Enjoy the game.

BBC News - Premier League: Covid-19 status spot-checks introduced for first games of season
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58153110

All premier league clubs... 😉

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Today nothing was done at the perimeter. It was all done in the turnstile area. This may change for league games. You show your covid pass with ID about 10 yards from the turnstile, then the search and then scan your ticket.

Surprised me as I thought it would be further out….but thinking about it…it makes more sense and you’d think it would be the same with the higher turnout out for league games and opposition supporters…

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Surprised me as I thought it would be further out….but thinking about it…it makes more sense and you’d think it would be the same with the higher turnout out for league games and opposition supporters…

There were 3 different people at the 'checkpoint' in the West stand basically calling people over if they had their stuff together & were ready to go. I also expected it to be further away. I'm not convinced it will work for the higher turnout as I felt like I was pushing in and I got the impression that some didn't know what the plan was. I only knew it because of this forum! I didn't notice getting a specific email from the club about it. They'll need to put the subject line in bold & put something like 'IMPORTANT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS' for anyone to properly look at the email.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There were 3 different people at the 'checkpoint' in the West stand basically calling people over if they had their stuff together & were ready to go. I also expected it to be further away. I'm not convinced it will work for the higher turnout as I felt like I was pushing in and I got the impression that some didn't know what the plan was. I only knew it because of this forum! I didn't notice getting a specific email from the club about it. They'll need to put the subject line in bold & put something like 'IMPORTANT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS' for anyone to properly look at the email.

There was an email sent on Wednesday that was literally titled :

‘Important update for anyone attending the Amex this season’

Might be worth checking your spam/junk folder to see if they’re going there…….

Not sure the higher turnout will make a huge difference……..there was no queue at all when we went in (around an hour before ko) and there will be proportionately more staff on with the much higher number of entrances in operation next week. Gates also opening 2 hours before ko rather than 90 mins I think, so potentially a bit more spread out too.

People will soon get used to it - only real faffing I witnessed was the person with 3 kids who reached the turnstile without having any tickets ready, then produced a load of folded paper tickets from her pocket, sorted them into the right order and handed them out ����

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

I must have seen/read/heard the entry requirements a million times before the match. Slight exaggeration but I was told when I bought the tickets, it was on the club website, on the app and on an email. It’s also been well covered on here and in PB’s video clip.

How much spoon feeding do we need given the widespread coverage that “things will be different”. You can lead a horse to water ………

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
There was an email sent on Wednesday that was literally titled :

‘Important update for anyone attending the Amex this season’

Might be worth checking your spam/junk folder to see if they’re going there…….

Not sure the higher turnout will make a huge difference……..there was no queue at all when we went in (around an hour before ko) and there will be proportionately more staff on with the much higher number of entrances in operation next week. Gates also opening 2 hours before ko rather than 90 mins I think, so potentially a bit more spread out too.

People will soon get used to it - only real faffing I witnessed was the person with 3 kids who reached the turnstile without having any tickets ready, then produced a load of folded paper tickets from her pocket, sorted them into the right order and handed them out ����

I must have seen/read/heard the entry requirements a million times before the match. Slight exaggeration but I was told when I bought the tickets, it was on the club website, on the app and on an email. It’s also been well covered on here and in PB’s video clip.

How much spoon feeding do we need given the widespread coverage that “things will be different”. You can lead a horse to water ………

I've just checked my inbox and spam and I have only received one saying 'Your pre-match news'. As I said I already knew from here, so I was sort of prepared. I got to the turnstiles around 5.30pm & there wasn't a queue. I bought the tickets for the match and it didn't go into detail what I'd need to do on the day. If it did I didn't read it properly because I didn't know until I saw it on here. I won't be the only one and not all attendants will read it carefully or go on here. It's a bit like reading T's& C's, not everyone reads the whole thing. I'm just saying that there may be a few more people on the day that don't actually know or haven't read properly what they should bring. Someone suggested a little while ago that a BensGrandad filter lane might be a good idea, it's actually a good idea and I would have probably joined it if I hadn't been properly clued up due to reading on here! Even then I messed up!! :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here