Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Get Well Soon Schumi"

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Positive reports coming out now....

BBC Website

F1 champion Michael Schumacher is showing "moments of consciousness" after months in a coma, his agent has said.

Sabine Kehm said in a statement to the media that he was "making progress", adding that they remain "confident".

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Good news. Can't say I'm a fan of his personality but he's a dad and a human being.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Link... can't find the link that says he's out of the coma... was moved to rehab a couple of days ago.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Found it:
http://news.sky.com/story/1283224/schumacher-out-of-coma-and-leaves-hospital

What it doesn't say is his state. They've been very worried that there would be serious permanent damage. Hope he makes a full recovery.
I think it's pretty much certain there will be long term health issues & physical effects, having been in coma for 6 months & suffering the injury he did I'd be amazed if he gets even 25% of his old self back.

Good to see he is out of coma though, I must admit I thought given how long it had been, that all hope was lost

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/35496878

F1 great Michael Schumacher's former boss at Ferrari says the latest news about the German's health "is not good" - but refuses to elaborate.

"I have news and unfortunately it is not good," Luca di Montezemolo told reporters on Thursday.

When contacted by BBC Sport, Schumacher's official spokesperson Sabine Kehm declined to comment.

Seven-time world champion Schumacher suffered severe head injuries in a skiing accident in December 2013.

Schumacher continues to receive intensive treatment at his home in Switzerland following the accident in France.

In November, FIA president Jean Todt said Schumacher was "still fighting", almost two years after the accident.

"Life is strange," added Di Montezemolo.

"He was a fantastic driver and only had one accident with Ferrari in 1999."

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
It really doesn't sound good. I'm all for keeping it in the family (if they so choose) but when snippets like that leak out without any further context it does leave a rather grim impression.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here