Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Get on LARGE !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's be careful with that one. Doubt they can afford to sack him unless they finally do sell Tumble.

Those piffling details have never held them back in the past.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
I think it is a decent punt as all you need is 10th and I think that is quite possible. The bookies really do not rate us at all

£15 on that, over the course of a season; i'll stop buying one small thing to make the investment worth while and if it pays off; i'm laughing for 2 reasons.

1) i'll be like £120 better off
2) Placing higher than most pundits/league predictions rate us at

But yeah, the bookies really don't. That said, I'm not bothered as big money can move the market; with the rise of hedge fund modelled betting firms (Like Star Lizard) I really do wonder if these odds do reflective the probability of an event actually happening.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
7/1 on us finishing inside the top 10 is outrageously short, it should be 20/1 at the shortest price. The top 6 aren't going anywhere, Everton, Leicester, Wolves and West Ham should have 7-10th sewn up and then you've got Aston Villa, Bournemouth, Watford, Burnley and Newcastle who should all be ahead of us in the queue to break the top 10. 7/1 is an absolute outrage.

7/1 on us finishing inside the top 10 is outrageously short, it should be 20/1 at the shortest price. The top 6 aren't going anywhere, Everton, Leicester, Wolves and West Ham should have 7-10th sewn up and then you've got Aston Villa, Bournemouth, Watford, Burnley and Newcastle who should all be ahead of us in the queue to break the top 10. 7/1 is an absolute outrage.
7/1 on us finishing inside the top 10 would indeed be outrageously short; 7/1 against, quite reasonable. Your assessment leaves us in 16th place at best, which is a tad under-optimistic perhaps. However, I'd probably take it now seeing that the first few games are going to be largely experimental.

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
That leaves us in 16th place at best. A tad under-optimistic perhaps, but I'd take it now seeing that the first few games are going to be largely experimental.

I think we'll be 16th at worst next season - but I don't see us getting above 13th, realistically. I would be happy to throw a speculative fiver at a top 10 finish if the odds were enticing, but 7/1 is an absolute joke to me. There's no value in that market, but there usually is in the outright handicap betting.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Watford FC V Brighton and Hove Albion FC

Both teams to score and Brighton and Hove Albion FC to win
I think we'll lose. If we've already got our full squad, then we're not good enough. If we get a couple more players in (and I hope and suspect that we will), then they'll take time to gel with a team which is itself trying to learn our new systems.

I suspect it's going to be a tough start.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Watford FC V Brighton and Hove Albion FC

Both teams to score and Brighton and Hove Albion FC to win

15/2

Get on LARGE !

Anyone else got any punts they feel that are decent for the forthcoming season ?

For the Albion to WIN, in the event that Watford also score, demands that the Albion score TWO or more goals, away from home! What kind of insanity is this!?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
For the Albion to WIN, in the event that Watford also score, demands that the Albion score TWO or more goals, away from home! What kind of insanity is this!?

Fair point

£15 on that, over the course of a season; i'll stop buying one small thing to make the investment worth while and if it pays off; i'm laughing for 2 reasons.

1) i'll be like £120 better off
2) Placing higher than most pundits/league predictions rate us at

But yeah, the bookies really don't. That said, I'm not bothered as big money can move the market; with the rise of hedge fund modelled betting firms (Like Star Lizard) I really do wonder if these odds do reflective the probability of an event actually happening.
That bet would be £105-£15. You seem to have counted the return of your stake as profit!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

The unshackled Albion insanity of 2019/20

If you can’t go into the first game of a season with some optimism you may as well stop watching football

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here