"Get Britain Out of the EU" says the Daily Express Special Edition

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How would you vote in a referendum on the EU?

• Stay in the EU

Votes: 69 45.4%
  • Leave the EU

Votes: 79 52.0%
  • I wouldn't vote

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Spotted a "Special Edition" of the Daily Express with this lovely headline, and it made me think... "I wonder what the good people of NSC would do if there was a referendum on this today".

So - given that we probably need something to distract us from SheepShaggerGate... here's a poll to keep everyone busy.

How would you vote?

Attachments

• 312504_10150867697670131_512250130_21148243_1009090763_n.jpg
    312504_10150867697670131_512250130_21148243_1009090763_n.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 78

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
or option the thrid way, return to the EEC model originally signed up for. if straight in or out, would have to be out.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I don't see the point of being part of the EU, we pay a fortune to be part of it, only for them to pass stupid laws that we have to obey. I'm not really a political person, so I my feelings probably are not 100% clear.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
or option the thrid way, return to the EEC model originally signed up for. if straight in or out, would have to be out.

this.

Free trade and all the benefits that brings are fine but being ruled by the ECJ does not work in my view.

Would be interested to know if those that voted yes way back when (1970's?) for Europe imagined that it would turn into the monster before us today

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I don't see the point of being part of the EU, we pay a fortune to be part of it, only for them to pass stupid laws that we have to obey. I'm not really a political person, so I my feelings probably are not 100% clear.

I think the BIG issue is not having our own immigration queue at airports. I'm fed up of having to join the "EU Citizens" queue, it's my country so I should be able to join a "UK only" line. Scrap the EU solely for this reason.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
If we left would that mean no more European Championships for England?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think the BIG issue is not having our own immigration queue at airports. I'm fed up of having to join the "EU Citizens" queue, it's my country so I should be able to join a "UK only" line. Scrap the EU solely for this reason.
No, the big issue is that they make us eat STRAIGHT bananas.

It's PC gone mad I tell you.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

and don't forget you have to buy your straight bananas in Kilos not Pounds.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Ha - given that Israel are eligible to play in it, I imagine not... :)

Hmmm what about Eurovison Song contest lol

Seriously im not so sure, it seems a bit pointless having our own laws in a way, as if someone disagrees and they contradict European law, then they just take things to the European Courts and seem to usually win.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
In!

I find it odd that we (rightly) don't trust our national politicians, but then complain about them being constrained by Europe.

My hunch is that there isn't much that we really need national decision-making for. Most things that can't be decided locally/regionally are probably big and strategic enough that a pan-European decision would work best.

And cucumbers (although that was lead by Tesco, Sainsburys et al who, like the ECJ, aren't EU institutions). Carrefour don't have straight cucumbers - bloody French.
But the real big issue is what would Diana make of all this?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Most of these so called laws that are 'imposed' on us don't actually exist though. They're exaggerations in the press which become accepted 'fact'. This site's worth a look. I'm sure there are plenty of others too which are a bit more entertaining but can't be arsed to look;

News from the European Commission in the UK

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Voted in the original referendum (2-1) in favour of joining what I thought would be a wider EFTA (European Free Trade Area).

With hindsight and knowing what we know now, I doubt the referendum would have gone the way it did, and I would certainly have voted against joining.

Probably financially ruinous if we withdrew now though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports