Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get a grip people....

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
At least 8 of our players we fielded must be getting paid far more money then those of lincoln today!.

Did they try hard enough, did they give it everything?. Enough to want to play for the 1st team?.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
We've reached the point where we're the whale, and minnows overturn us.

That's real progress.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
So bloody what, we lost....

We played a second string team, made a few stupid mistakes... Rather today than a league game, we got it out of our system. CH will tell them in no uncertain terms the error of their ways even though deep down he probably knows it will probably benifit us in the long run, knowing who he can trust or even make his mind up that we need extra cover in certain areas.

It's not all bad.

Liverpool, Newcastle even Palace all got stuffed....

Roll on Thursday and the real target promotion.

Now crack open a beer, unscrew a bottle of wine, pour a stiff one, send the wife out to get an take away and smile....

We're Brighton & Hove Albion..... We're top of the league....
It wasn't the losing but the way we went out - say Dunk or Duffy get injured and either of the two we had today have to play, that would seriously worry me given their performance in today's match and the midfield was mostly non-existent throughout and (as others have said) contains players we use regularly. Maybe the performance can be put down to 'Oh it's just a cup game' after all, I don't know for sure - but to dismiss the result out of hand as a one-off seems rather foolish to me.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I fully reserve the right to have a major meltdown because I CAN. :angry::rant::censored::wrong::mad::tantrum:punish::catfight::guns::shit::flypig::facepalm::(:annoyed:

And rest.....

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
A cup run would ultimately accumulate injuries and suspensions, does anyone really want to take the gamble on that, for what would result in say a one off trip to Manchester?

That's why I was surprised CH started Murray and kept him on after the yellow card.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Spot on. The last few seasons have made those that struggle to take defeat even worse! Heaven forbid if they supported any of the 91 other clubs who have lost more games the last 2 seasons :lol:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It wasn't the losing but the way we went out - say Dunk or Duffy get injured and either of the two we had today have to play, that would seriously worry me given their performance in today's match and the midfield was mostly non-existent throughout and (as others have said) contains players we use regularly. Maybe the performance can be put down to 'Oh it's just a cup game' after all, I don't know for sure - but to dismiss the result out of hand as a one-off seems rather foolish to me.

I think we've seen already how our chances of getting a result are reduced quite drastically by no Dunk and/or no Stephens alone. We also miss *gasp* Baldock.

We like to talk about our strength in depth, and for the most part we do have it... but we also have to factor in that we have some players who are absolutely critical to our performance levels and how we play.

Knockaert, Stephens, Bruno, Dunk, Murray are all vital we keep fit and playing. Can add Kayal to that list too should he reach his previous levels, and to a lesser extent Duffy. I feel Goldson slotting in for Duffy is much less of a loss than him slotting in for Dunk.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

When a bunch of strangers play together it doesn't tend to be aesthetically pleasing. Goldson showed last season he is perfectly capable at centre back in the Championship. As I said the midfield was mainly bypassed today as the defence went long all game.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
When a bunch of strangers play together it doesn't tend to be aesthetically pleasing. Goldson showed last season he is perfectly capable at centre back in the Championship. As I said the midfield was mainly bypassed today as the defence went long all game.

Strangers? apart from the new lad they have been training together for ages, shouldn't really be an excuse.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Strangers? apart from the new lad they have been training together for ages, shouldn't really be an excuse.

Entirely different to playing competitive games with each other. The back 5 were shocking at best after Maenpaa went off injured and their distribution even to the midfield meant they were feeding off scraps.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Entirely different to playing competitive games with each other. The back 5 were shocking at best after Maenpaa went off injured and their distribution even to the midfield meant they were feeding off scraps.

Back 5,? yes that new defender Murray is useless :D

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I think we've seen already how our chances of getting a result are reduced quite drastically by no Dunk and/or no Stephens alone. We also miss *gasp* Baldock.

We like to talk about our strength in depth, and for the most part we do have it... but we also have to factor in that we have some players who are absolutely critical to our performance levels and how we play.

Knockaert, Stephens, Bruno, Dunk, Murray are all vital we keep fit and playing. Can add Kayal to that list too should he reach his previous levels, and to a lesser extent Duffy. I feel Goldson slotting in for Duffy is much less of a loss than him slotting in for Dunk.

Strangely, by being injured Baldock has proved what a great little player he is.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Take Knockaert out for the team and we'd possibly scrape into the top six, there is absolutely no way we would be top. We should be concerned that our back up players got turned over by a non league team...imo.

Give it a rest, it was one of those days... oh and Knockaert isn't carrying the team, more he has been able to shine because of the way the rest of the team play!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Sometimes we're shit. Just be thankful it doesn't happen as often in the last 5 years as it did in the previous 45.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Well I'm glad we went out. Our season is all about finishing above 3rd place, I couldn't give a toss who beat us in any cup competition! Lincoln are actually quite a good side so there is no shame in losing with out 'second team'

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Relax my friends.
Pour yourselves a glass of wine and go with the flow.

We've got this lads. Believe :thumbsup:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Relax my friends.
Pour yourselves a glass of wine and go with the flow.

We've got this lads. Believe :thumbsup:

Done :thumbsup: drinking-red-wine.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here