Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get a grip ladies & Gents!

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
It's the fact we just won a game and people are still moaning. Yes, we are not playing like we have in the past few seasons especially under Poyet, but we won. We won a game and may get a decent tie in the next round. Let's look at the positives. CMS got a goal which we can agree was needed. We kept a clean sheet. We could be Blackpool.

WOW we beat a team that finished at the arse end of the football league !

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
Kuszczak, upson, ward, el abd, orlandi, Spanish Dave, bridcutt, Barnes, ulloa, Hoskins, and now Buckley.........stock dale tick, Hughes tick, o'grady (who?) and we get easyjet Albion putting prices up on everything......and last two managers seem powerless to influence signings......we can all see it and it needs to change.......i feel a 5pm Friday letter to the fans from tony coming on.....

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Very much this, and to the OP I say this: yes, I have very much got a grip, thank you

I agree with what a lot of posters are saying but it could change with 2-3 decent signings, a win on Saturday, a good game in the cup......who knows? It just seems to me people are losing the faith too quickly and its all doom & gloom around here. But then I suppose they want instant success and are not prepared to wait for even a couple of games.......how times have changed eh?

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea

I agree with what a lot of posters are saying but it could change with 2-3 decent signings, a win on Saturday, a good game in the cup......who knows? It just seems to me people are losing the faith too quickly and its all doom & gloom around here. But then I suppose they want instant success and are not prepared to wait for even a couple of games.......how times have changed eh?

of course it could change with 2 or 3 decent signings, but as things stand we dont seem to be able to compete with clubs like Middlesbrough, that itself is a worry, as it stands weve lost Ulloa, Barnes, Bridcutt, Orlandi, Kuzsczak, Upson, Ward and likely Buckley, a year ago that could easily have been 8 of our starting XI and a great one at that. Bar Stockdale, none of the players weve brought in are as good as those that have left

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But then I suppose they want instant success and are not prepared to wait for even a couple of games.......how times have changed eh?

I think that I've learned to be patient and not expect instant gratification well enough since the1957/58 season! Although admittedly that season was a pretty good one for instant gratification.....still, if anyone thinks we'll pull in someone from a local park team half way through the season who will score 5 goals on the final day to secure promotion this time around they really will have to learn bit of patience!

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
But we beat them. Wolves, Ipswich and Blackpool are all out, we aren't. What do people want from tonight?

Yes we did beat them, but let's be honest, it's just papering over the cracks.
It's not even about tonight's result, it's more to the point that we are selling yet another player, with all our targets deciding to go elsewhere.
At the moment, without quite a few decent signing we will be lucky to finish mid table.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I think if any club's fans needs to be suspicious of what its board tells us its ours. Obviously the circumstances are entirely different this time but maybe we could be forgiven for being a little bit cynical?

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Tonight on its own isn't the issue.

But we won. I know it wasn't pretty but let's at least look at that as a positive. It's a start. I know we have a depleted squad that won't compete at this level but we did what we have to tonight. Remember Bloom is a fan of our team, he wants to get us up so surely he has something up his sleeve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here