Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gerrard to Newcastle....2 nd place it is then!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I would think that SG or FL would be great to have on the bench and come on if needed for 20 mins to add their experience to calm down any hectic moments and see out a game, but at what cost?

Forget FL, the online Palace are wetting themselves at the prospect of fat Frank going to Selhurst, ignoring the fact that in his time in America he's probably forgotten who they are or what division they play in.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Son has just popped in for a cuppa and suggested that we take £6m for Stephens and and give Fat Frank a 1 year contract. I am not sure he could still do it often enough and the same with Gerrard at Newcastle. Both would have obviously good odd moments but not sure over 12 months.

F*****g hell, it's like you've got a special edition of Scrabble where the tiles are names of players who were at the height of their fame in 2006 and, once you draw their name out of the bag, you have to tenuously link them to the Albion on NSC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Son has just popped in for a cuppa and suggested that we take £6m for Stephens and and give Fat Frank a 1 year contract. I am not sure he could still do it often enough and the same with Gerrard at Newcastle. Both would have obviously good odd moments but not sure over 12 months.

Make sure he doesn't drive home, because he appears to be shit-faced...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I would think that SG or FL would be great to have on the bench and come on if needed for 20 mins to add their experience to calm down any hectic moments and see out a game, but at what cost?

BG - Over the almost 2 years I have been on this site you must have posted a good 18 - 20 players as potential signings for BHA. - If you were to put them on a team sheet, what would our team sheet look like ? Only using the players you suggested and not any of the current team ?

Left back would be J-Lloyd Samuel at left back and Mat Derbyshire spearing the attack are the ones which spring to mind.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BG - Over the almost 2 years I have been on this site you must have posted a good 18 - 20 players as potential signings for BHA. - If you were to put them on a team sheet, what would our team sheet look like ? Only using the players you suggested and not any of the current team ?

Left back would be J-Lloyd Samuel at left back and Mat Derbyshire spearing the attack are the ones which spring to mind.

As in both the examples you have given each one has been a cheap option to help out a situation short term to overcome an immediate problem rather than look to the future. My view was sign them use them then either sell them of release them after having done a job for us. Neither SG or FL would be cheap options so I am unsure about them but if either could save or get us 10 - 15 points by scoring 4 or 5 goals it must be a consideration. Their wages could be high because that is what they are used to and believe they are worth that rather than the view that money wouldnt matter to them

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Yeah, Gerrard is going to want to leave LA and go to.....Tyneside, rightyho. Some lazy hack seeing Benitez there and going 2 + 2. No chance.
He'll retire and go back to Liverpool as a coach, or if he keeps playing it will be China or Emirates for silly cash again.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
As in both the examples you have given each one has been a cheap option to help out a situation short term to overcome an immediate problem rather than look to the future. My view was sign them use them then either sell them of release them after having done a job for us. Neither SG or FL would be cheap options so I am unsure about them but if either could save or get us 10 - 15 points by scoring 4 or 5 goals it must be a consideration. Their wages could be high because that is what they are used to and believe they are worth that rather than the view that money wouldnt matter to them

I was humorously looking to see a team sheet with 11 players and formation BG

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
One thing that will always stick in my mind was when Keegan became manager at Newcastle. It was 1992 and they were below BHA in the second tire (Division 2) and looking good to go down. They didn't, we did and I will always blame Keegan for that.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not for one moment am I advocating the Owenesque thread, it keeps us amused during the barren weeks, footballers however, are allowed to play for as long as possible if that is what they desire, no matter how much they've earnt. You're a long time retired.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Would be very happy to see Gerrard go to Newcastle. Not a chance that he would improve their team, and hopefully he (or his salary expectations) would be a destabilizing influence to boot.

As to the suggestion in this thread that he'd be 'useful to bring on to hold a lead' - Liverpool tried that at the end of his farewell season - he got caught on the ball, lunged in, and got a straight red after about 30 seconds on the pitch. And that was two years ago. The guy can barely run.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here