Gerrard Rumour

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
In the light of what happened yesterday, maybe we should let this subject drop.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I for one think these rumours connected to SG are cobblers and had this been whispered in the 80s, it would have done the rounds of the playground and no further. But now we have the internet...

I did however Google the key words, and my word, the playground is MASSIVE these days.

Like I said, massive cobblers.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
does this mean the rumour is true as the thread hasn't been removed?:dunce:

Or was Bluejuice's Amex stadium naming thread the problem and he threatened Bozza to get it removed?

seriously though, in light of recent events, probably safer to remove this thread no?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
As someone who works in the media, all I can say is that the extra injunction would not have been granted for the benefit of letting the FA sort out its affairs. Injunctions such as that are often made to protect one of the parties directly affected by an issue.

My thought would be that it has probably been made to protect Alex Curran's sister. I do happen to know the likely reason for this, but due to yesterday's palava I'm not sure if I can safely reveal it without getting in a world of ****.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Forgive my ignorance but if this was the thread that caused NSC to close yesterday.....WHY are we still discussing the story when it was made quite obvious in very easy English , and with no joined up words, that this scenario is libellous at best and could mean NSC closing . Wasnt that made obvious yesterday....are you lot so ignorant ?
Do we want NSC to close?... I dont think so ....
Can we not get this thread closed ?
Lets leave it to the press and solicitors (who can afford the legal payments), and not get embroiled in the story !

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I'm amazed that this thread has been left. Serious allegations that if not true are surely libellous.

Libellous or not, who would pick on NSC for joining in with everyone else in discussing them?

Incidentally the laws of libel define a statement as being defamatory only if it lowers the estimation of a person in the minds of right thinking members of society.

Well who in their right minds is an NSC reader/poster?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Forgive my ignorance but if this was the thread that caused NSC to close yesterday.....WHY are we still discussing the story when it was made quite obvious in very easy English , and with no joined up words, that this scenario is libellous at best and could mean NSC closing . Wasnt that made obvious yesterday....are you lot so ignorant ?
Lets leave it to the press and solicitors (who can afford the legal payments), and not get embroiled in the story !

If this was the thread, do you not think Bozza would have deleted it by now? We have been posting on it all day.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea

Bozza has already stated that the offending thread(s) and posts have been removed.

This thread is NOT what caused the problem

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Then what was?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Time for some fact finding questions.
Who can prove alex curran doesn't or does have a sister? It's got to be pretty easy to prove via a cred.news link?

Secondly what has if ever been confirmed about this celebrity couple's maritial difficulties? Again if there's any truth in the relatinship being unstable it must be on a cred.news site like one of the national tabloids in recent weeks? It's never been mentioned in the telegraph that's for sure.

if they are no links to any news organisations that can be posted in reply then in my mind this really is a monumental Chinese whisper doing the nations email etc with no substance whatsoever. Anyone remember Norman wisdoms death last year???!!! First person since Jesus to be resurreced if so!

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Look at Wayne Rooney: since his unfortunate episode with the, er, mature ladies of Merseyside when he was about 17, he's stayed well out of the limelight. He doesn't go out on the piss, he doesn't appear to be making any attempts on the world slapper-shagging record that we know of, and consequently the tabloids generally leave him alone.

I think you will find that the tabloids are about to not "leave him alone", Edna. He has been on his BEST behaviour, after all. :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports