Votes: 47 85.5%
  • Bore Draw

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Bit of an odd comment. Most of these guys are contractors. Ian Wright manages to work for BBC and ITV. Neville for Sky, ITV and Bein. They’re not on peanuts for that
Shearer regularly appears in the top 10 best paid people by the BBC earning over £400k a year for not doing much on MOTD and the odd live game. I assume he is contracted to them (as is Lineker at £1.5m) so maybe in order to justify that fee, he has been asked to do more? As licence fee payers are we not allowed to question that?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No, I’m highlighting that Spain is aggressively against the status of Gibraltar, despite its peoples wishes, but does not apply that same logic to Ceuta and Melilla, which is hypocritical.
..and as I pointed out, there would be like a 0% chance of you not being "aggressively against" the status of Dog Island or whatever its called if it was Spanish.

Your initial claim that you don't like Spain because they don't respect your belongings (Gibraltar) is just hilarious coming from someone from England.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Odd watching players for 'big' teams in the world cup and thinking we have better.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Amazing to think it was only at the 2014 World Cup we first saw the vanishing spray for the first time and now it’s so commonplace

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Surely he was offside when he took the ball off his teammate?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
..and as I pointed out, there would be like a 0% chance of you not being "aggressively against" the status of Dog Island or whatever its called if it was Spanish.

Your initial claim that you don't like Spain because they don't respect your belongings (Gibraltar) is just hilarious coming from someone from England.
We don't have 'belongings' any more - that went out with Empire more than 70 years ago. Do keep up.

Almost all former colonies are (voluntarily) in the Commonwealth now; they are free to leave at any time. Some small parts of the world, like Gibraltar and the Falklands, have chosen to maintain closer links with Britain (as British Overseas Territories), and unlike some, we respect their wishes.

As for the football, come on Spain - send the Germans home!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Shearer regularly appears in the top 10 best paid people by the BBC earning over £400k a year for not doing much on MOTD and the odd live game. I assume he is contracted to them (as is Lineker at £1.5m) so maybe in order to justify that fee, he has been asked to do more? As licence fee payers are we not allowed to question that?
Your license fee goes on a bit more than Alan Shearer

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
We don't have 'belongings' any more - that went out with Empire more than 70 years ago. Do keep up.

Almost all former colonies are (voluntarily) in the Commonwealth now; they are free to leave at any time. Some small parts of the world, like Gibraltar and the Falklands, have chosen to maintain closer links with Britain (as British Overseas Territories), and unlike some, we respect their wishes.

As for the football, come on Spain - send the Germans home!
Yeah obviously very easy for you to respect a part of, geographically speaking, Spain wanting to be a British Overseas Territory but it really isn't that difficult understanding why Spain aren't too keen, similar to how I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be thrilled by some part of your island belonging to Spain or Russia or Sweden or whatever.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove

You do read these posts selectively. Not sure I warm to the anti-English sentiment in your final line, I‘m sure you could find a better home for that than NSC.

I am also not sure I ever said I didn’t like Spain, I said I was struggling to support them In a football match ahead of Germany. And then I pointed out the hypocrisy re Ceuta/Melilla and the fact that Gibraltarians have been treated by Spain for centuries in a way that would not endear them to anyone. The population there is a melting pot of nationalities, Brits account for about 25% only I believe but it’s complicated. Your plans for them sound bizarre, we can’t just go round re-writing borders because one side aggressively wants it, and if you are as pro-peace as you claim you should know that. What should we do next, ask Putin which borders he disagrees with and then give him the green light?

On Gibraltar, incidentally, the Spanish themselves had expelled the original population from North Africa, who had arrived 500 years earlier, and held it for only around 250 years. A bit different to the Isle of Dogs. Before handing them back to Spain, this might be a good read?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Will the shocks never end in this World Cup?

Who could have seen woeful Germany scraping a draw against the Spanish?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here