Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Germany Christmas Markets

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
Cologne. It isn't tat like all the others. Quality goods for your Deutsch Mark, I mean Euro.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Loved Koln's six (I think) Christmas markets. Nuremberg really only has the one doesn't it...There is tat, but there is also some good stuff. I love the lichthausen, small model houses that you can put tablelights inside. Have four of them now. Strasbourg's is also excellent, like Koln, in the shadow of a spectacular cathedral.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Tirer great German city nice Christmas markets fab museum and Roman buildings highly recomend

Trier is a lovely old German city.
If you live in the Midlands, let the German market come to you and visit Lincoln. Lots of gluhwein, carvings, food and ornaments.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Went to Cologne last year, there are 7 separate markets each with a different theme. Going back again this year and visiting Aachen too.

Worth driving over in order to bring beer back from the German supermarkets.

I went on a school trip to Aachen a few years ago. We stayed in a pretty mediocre guest house, but the area itself is absolutely breathtaking. We didn't go at Christmas time, but I'd recommend it as a destination any time of the year, for sure.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
If you live in the Midlands, let the German market come to you and visit Lincoln. Lots of gluhwein, carvings, food and ornaments and old tat.

Every Christmas the German market rucks up in Brum by the town hall - every other "shop" is a food / drink outlet. Others sell nic-naks but the common thing is, its a load of old tat just like the local Sunday markets ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here