Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

German 1966 world cup final players tested positive for banned drugs.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Aug 23, 2011
And the point of a replay is what? They didn't win so only England would have anything to lose. Also what were the banned drugs they tested positive for, were they performance enhancing?

Last edited:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Sad but interesting that it is 47 years since England won anything. At 57 myself I can just remember the event but not the winning or the game. I guess anyone my age or younger have no idea of the World Cup '66.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
the stadium is approx 12% smaller now as well, so that fits nicely. We will need the final ball back though which was pinched by ****z or was it Miller

The colour crowd paid in £sd. We all had to watch in black & white.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He was Soviet wasn't he? I think TLO is right. The USSR was a confederation of republics - Russia and Azerbaijan being two.

Good point. Was the USSR a single nationality though? I thought it was which would mean he was a Soviet, as you say.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He was Soviet wasn't he? I think TLO is right. The USSR was a confederation of republics - Russia and Azerbaijan being two.

Wikipedia states his nationality as USSR, then Azabajanian.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's a bit like calling a native of Cardiff English because England is the dominant and largest area in the Great Britain.

Yes, he would be British, but not English.

It would appear he was a Soviet.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I dunno about players on drugs, but the Russian linesman was definitely concentrating on white lines

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here