George Osbourne refuses to sit in Standard Class

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Says he coughed up though ?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Should have been prosecuted as should the Chief Whip --- "one law for their nation and a different one for ours"

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
ONE does not simply sit in Standard class!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Doesn't want to sit with the plebs?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
There was a time not so long ago when junior civil servants could travel first class. Hopefully this incident will help highlight more clearly when exactly ministers and MPs use first class. It's interesting that the aide tried to argue first. He clearly had a standard ticket for a reason i.e. that he was supposed to be travelling standard. I don't think Mr Osborne will be charging this one to the taxpayer now given the publicity and will claim he never intended to.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Maybe if they had to pay their own rail fares more often they'd realise how expensive it is when you don't have any flexibility to choose times. Liverpool returns last season were costing me close to £200 standard class.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Maybe if they had to pay their own rail fares more often they'd realise how expensive it is when you don't have any flexibility to choose times. Liverpool returns last season were costing me close to £200 standard class.

You'd have thought what with him being Chancellor and an expert in all things financial he'd have snapped up a cheap advance ticket ???

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'm on a train ATM and 3 chavvy slags have just been ejected from first class.

Whoops, no. They've just gone back in.
This is getting interesting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here