Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Osborne,does he have a point ?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
The case concerned the motives of ONE twisted individual (plus the pair of vile collaborators, obviously). Where's the evidence for the plethora of other supposed examples of a twisted, greedy individual on state benefits behaving in such a disgusting way? That - as far as I'm concerned - is at the heart of this particular situation, whereby a member of our Government takes it upon themself to use a single, extreme example to justify a policy affecting millions of citizens.

Indeed, this is one extreme example.

However, it does highlight the fact that there are people who's very lifestyle is based upon "milking" the walfare system, and engineer a situation (in this case by over breeding) where there is no way thay can ever become gainfully employed, and not sponging off of the State. Who would ever pay that moron enough to keep so many kids?

It also highlights the fact that the social workers are not doing their job properly, and have allowed one man to father a tribe of kids, who will not be given the leadership to understand the importance of gaining the best education possible, and to become upstanding members of society. There was no secret about this guy being a total nutter, he was even on TV some time ago boasting about his lifestyle.

Yes, it is sad about how his kids died, but should they have even been conceived? Should he have been castrated before things went so far?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Indeed, this is one extreme example.

However, it does highlight the fact that there are people who's very lifestyle is based upon "milking" the walfare system, and engineer a situation (in this case by over breeding) where there is no way thay can ever become gainfully employed, and not sponging off of the State. Who would ever pay that moron enough to keep so many kids?

It also highlights the fact that the social workers are not doing their job properly, and have allowed one man to father a tribe of kids, who will not be given the leadership to understand the importance of gaining the best education possible, and to become upstanding members of society. There was no secret about this guy being a total nutter, he was even on TV some time ago boasting about his lifestyle.

Yes, it is sad about how his kids died, but should they have even been conceived? Should he have been castrated before things went so far?

You don't have to look any further than IDS, to be fair. :smile:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
He has a point. Wasting taxpayer money so layabouts can enjoy a lavish lifestyle should stop. It's been going on for too many years and we simply can't afford it. Sterilisation or beheading?

Royal Fam.jpg

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
He has a point. Wasting taxpayer money so layabouts can enjoy a lavish lifestyle should stop. It's been going on for too many years and we simply can't afford it. Sterilisation or beheading?

View attachment 41320

and then we could replace them with any Plantagenets that might just still be around :cool:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Exactly. It's not as if Gideon is even using a good example to make his point. Philpott is unemployable, that's not the fault of his kids. That is what benefits are for, protecting the vulnerable. If there is a debate to be had, it is whether selfish irresponsible violent turds like Philpott should be sterilized and if so, how early.
If only there was a way to steralise all new born boys at birth, then later in life if said boy wanted children he and his partner head down the Town Hall, have an interview similar to those rescuing dogs, means test and home visit and then they get a licence to produce 2 kids in 5 years. After that thhey reverse the procedure and if he wants a third he will have to pay 10k for the op.

Job done

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
MPs from across all main parties have pulled him up on this; even from his own party. The criticism is not due to differing political views.
If anyone but you said the above I might believe them, however you sir are an annoying buffoon that cannot wait for his beloved Labour Party to seize back power and and **** this country up again.
I just hope they don't let you down....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If anyone but you said the above I might believe them, however you sir are an annoying buffoon that cannot wait for his beloved Labour Party to seize back power and and **** this country up again.
I just hope they don't let you down....

Annoying buffon eh? I shall refrain from typing exactly what I think of you as I got an infraction for doing similar with Pork Pie.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Why compare with Ian Huntley or Fred West, they were evil perverts where their own personal circumstances seem quite irrelevant.

Philpott is a total different animal that has been funded by the state to be feckless and unaccountable for a generation, in receipt of £100 000's of taxpayers money without any sanctions or penalty as he fathers yet another child passing on the bill to hard working tax payers.

The consequence is the tragic manslaughter of his children, previously he has stabbed bullied and abused women whilst the government writes another welfare cheque made payable to Mr Philpott.

You with political grievances can wrap this up how you like but he is just a bigger celebrity version of 10000's like minded men and women that are creaming the system for all its worth and they need to be challenged, no doubt.

Last edited:

Feb 3, 2013
The case concerned the motives of ONE twisted individual (plus the pair of vile collaborators, obviously). Where's the evidence for the plethora of other supposed examples of a twisted, greedy individual on state benefits behaving in such a disgusting way? That - as far as I'm concerned - is at the heart of this particular situation, whereby a member of our Government takes it upon themself to use a single, extreme example to justify a policy affecting millions of citizens.

The crime was around greed. The bloke wanted to keep his £4,000 income a month from benefits and get a bigger council house. His sex life is irrelevant to why they burnt the house down.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
but he didnt. i find it odd how so many people are sucked in by this, hearing what they want to. the question was about his lifestyle before the events, not the events. that said, Cameroon should get rid as Osborne is doing neither his party or the country any favors.

Rubbish. As I've posted above the Mail had drawn a link and the Today programme debated it. No way in hell an MP in the cabinet would be unaware of the agenda set by either. He was quite ready for the question and the answer to be given.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
The crime was around greed. The bloke wanted to keep his £4,000 income a month from benefits and get a bigger council house. His sex life is irrelevant to why they burnt the house down.

I agree it was about greed, but I believe that to link personal greed & benefit claimants is disgraceful, frankly. It's a condition that is prevalent in all income brackets & demographics. Six young lives have been tragically lost - & I fundamentally think that THEY are the true victims in this extremely sad case. Their memory deserves much better than to be linked to an inhumane justification for cutting benefits from a few million folk who are overwhelmingly decent, law-abiding; & only ever legitemately claim for - & may possibly receive - a relatively megre payment from the state, that they rely on to survive. And as for the disgraceful notion (that some people subscribe to) of the enforced sterilisation of the poor... :nono:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Rubbish. As I've posted above the Mail had drawn a link and the Today programme debated it. No way in hell an MP in the cabinet would be unaware of the agenda set by either. He was quite ready for the question and the answer to be given.

right. and was the question "do you think welfare benefits led to this murder?" no, but thats the whats being portrayed. its obvious everyone wants to take from this what they want. only hope is this damages him enough to be binned.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
yes.obviously.A free 60K a year enabled that vermins lifestyle............17 kids and he doesnt bring in 1p are you kidding me!? ..... R.i.p those poor children

Feb 3, 2013
right. and was the question "do you think welfare benefits led to this murder?" no, but thats the whats being portrayed. its obvious everyone wants to take from this what they want. only hope is this damages him enough to be binned.

Any right thinking person will tell you this crime is about benefits and how to screw us law biding tax payer but unfortunately is went wrong and children died. If they weren't paid more than me to sit at home then this wouldn't of happened.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Any right thinking person will tell you this crime is about benefits and how to screw us law biding tax payer but unfortunately is went wrong and children died. If they weren't paid more than me to sit at home then this wouldn't of happened.

Frankly, I think you're talking absolute shite, but maybe it's best that we agree to disagree.

Feb 3, 2013
Frankly, I think you're talking absolute shite, but maybe it's best that we agree to disagree.

Maybe I should pack my day job in and claim benefits as it seems you're better of on the dole. How much was he getting a month tax free £4,000? I take home after tax £1,600 and I'm up at 5am every day, **** that in future. Going to find myself a slut and have shit loads of kids and live of you? Is that ok? Tuff shit.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Utter drivel.

On that basis you would ban inheritance, the internet even the printing press because countless crimes involve them.

You've simply swallowed an agenda forwarded by papers like the Mail to shift copies.

Let's ban benefits entirely and see if the murder rate decreases.

Ridiculous.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
In respect of this case, as he was charged with manslaughter there was no intent to kill his kids, so the prosecution had to offer a reason why he did this and they offered following as possible motivations for him setting fire to his house.

1) he was involved in a battle with Lisa Willis over whom looked after their 6 kids and he wanted custody and 2) he wanted a bigger house (from the council) for his family which he had requested on numerous occasions previously.

It has been theorised by others (the press, but I don't think the prosecution) that in respect of point 1) one of the reasons (another to spite Lisa Willis) he wanted custody of the kids was not out of love for them (which seems totally consistent with what he actually did, i.e set fire to his house with them in) but because he wanted the child benefit that would be associated with gaining such custody.

This is NOT correct and is part of what many people with an agenda want us to believe. The judge's summing up (the full transcript is out there) clearly indicates that the motivation for the fire was to frame Willis. It fits in with a long pattern Philpott had of abusing and controlling women and vengeful actions against those women that left him. It was an emotional response and not one motivated by the need for child benefits or a bigger house. He had the same response previously when he stabbed his ex 20 odd times. At this point he had much less child benefit coming in AND he had a job.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Maybe I should pack my day job in and claim benefits as it seems you're better of on the dole. How much was he getting a month tax free £4,000? I take home after tax £1,600 and I'm up at 5am every day, **** that in future. Going to find myself a slut and have shit loads of kids and live of you? Is that ok? Tuff shit.

Has it ever occurred to you, you utter gobshite, that if people on benefits get more money than you, the problem is that you're not paid enough, rather than they get too much?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here