Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George O'Callaghan......

mindyjaja

May 9, 2004
....should be captain in my opinion.

No disrespect to Deano but George has a great presence on the pitch and leads by example.

That is all.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Probably not a great idea to make a loan player captain. If he was ours then no doubt at all he should be captain.

Ipswich must have an unbelievable midfield if he doesn't get in it.

Chabal

Sep 3, 2007
I believe that he is the best player at our club, at the moment.

I hope that his good form continues and that he carries on enjoying playing for us.

Would love it if we signed him.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Captains in football are pretty irrelevant... he leads by example and is very vocal with it... great, and long may it continue.

I agree Chabbers... I would love it if we signed him, but wouldn't be surprised to see him snapped up, a la Sidwell, by an ambitious Championship outfit in the winter window.

Chabal

Sep 3, 2007
Yes, but like we discussed earlier, things have changed since Sidwell was here.

We are getting a new Stadium and there is a strong possibility of investment.

I believe that we are a club with a great amount of potential, which is a very attractive aspect to any player.

Either that, or I'm just delusional. :)

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
what was the reason we signed him on-loan as opposed to permanently? wages?

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
A thoroughly decent chap all round. He spoke with passion and intelligence yesterday and would make an excellent captain I'd have thought. But it's difficult to see how this would be possible unless he signs permanently.

I spoke with him after the match. He was very pissed off about the performance and the result. The guy has passion.

All very well, but it isn't good for a player of his obvious calibre to have games like that, too many times. Being only a loanee, he'll be off to join a team with better prospects (or get recalled by Ipswich) and there'll be nothing in it for BHA except to point out that he once played for us.
There are higher stakes on these matches than simply the disappointment of a crap result, and it makes the sorry state of affairs yesterday, and these away capitulations harder to swallow.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Capitulate means to give in. I don't really think that is the right word.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
dont think it makes to much difference who the captain is

dodge never seemed the most vocal yet he was the captain in a team that contained the likes of danny and charlie

paul reid is an ok player but is he really as good as some on here make him out to be?

Is it just me then that thinks that he spends too much time fannying about on the ball? He's far too casual. He was overly casual at Gillingham and we lost, same on Saturday. Against Millwall he was doing the simple things brilliantly, and the more difficult things well. It's as if he's got too big for his boots already. He's very talented, no doubt about that, but it's also as if the whole team are in awe of him and look to give him the ball all the time, so much so that they have forgotten how to play themselves. Consequently, he's picking the ball up off the defence and then can't do anything with it so often that he either loses it or just has to go backwards, sometimes playing the defence into trouble. He doesn't need to be back on the dge of our box picking the ball up. It doesn't help that Hammond has no idea where to be when O'C has the ball.

He may be vocal, and he may be passionate, but he's no captain for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here