Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] George Floyd trial

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'm approaching this with the same attitude I view all criminal trials .... "may justice be done ... one way or the other".

I mean, to an outsider he looks guilty as f*** .... But I have to acknowledge I am an outsider, I haven't seen the detailed evidence that the jury will see.

I hope the jury don't take into account the inevitable social consequences when reaching their decision. Whatever they decide should be based just on the evidence before them

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'm approaching this with the same attitude I view all criminal trials .... "may justice be done ... one way or the other".

I mean, to an outsider he looks guilty as f*** .... But I have to acknowledge I am an outsider, I haven't seen the detailed evidence that the jury will see.

I hope the jury don't take into account the inevitable social consequences when reaching their decision. Whatever they decide should be based just on the evidence before them

better than i could of put it.

Yeah i didnt get too caught up in the outrage so am viewing this fairly neutrally from a case point of view.

May justice be served one way or another

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Well when you're the type of person who puts a gun to a pregnant woman's stomach then society wins when you're snuffed out.

I'm sure that woman like many victims of violent crimes sleep easier knowing their attacker is no longer around.

That doesn't mean the cop won't go to jail though. He will.

The pregnant part is a myth.

But even if it wasn't, he was an armed robber (who had served his time for that) and had clearly done some terrible things but to think that it is a good thing that he die really is barbaric.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The pregnant part is a myth.

But even if it wasn't, he was an armed robber (who had served his time for that) and had clearly done some terrible things but to think that it is a good thing that he die really is barbaric.

Yeah it's really not. it's cleansing the planet of criminal scum.

My cousins son was stabbed to death ay 15.

Now his 13 year old brother who was a bright happy kids is now too terrified to leave the house because he thinks the same little criminal and his friends will kill him too.

I'd gladly put a bullet in the brain of the little turd who killed his brother if it meant he could sleep again at night and enjoy going out like every other 13 year old kid should.

**** the criminal scum.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yeah it's really not. it's cleansing the planet of criminal scum.

My cousins son was stabbed to death ay 15.

Now his 13 year old brother who was a bright happy kids is now too terrified to leave the house because he thinks the same little criminal and his friends will kill him too.

I'd gladly put a bullet in the brain of the little turd who killed his brother if it meant he could sleep again at night and enjoy going out like every other 13 year old kid should.

**** the criminal scum.

That isn’t justice, it’s revenge. Civilisation breaks down with attitudes such as this.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
pretty disturbing

not seen that before. Interesting was saying cant breath when was in the car though

My thoughts as well. Not excusing with what the police ended up doing, but if Floyd had just stayed silent and did what the officers ordered, this tragedy might have been avoided. His constant pleading seemed to only make the police more offensive.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nothing to do with revenge.

It's removing a threat so it never hurts anyone again.

You are in denial. It is revenge because you want to do it personally.

The vast majority of civilised countries have abolished the death penalty.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My thoughts as well. Not excusing with what the police ended up doing, but if Floyd had just stayed silent and did what the officers ordered, this tragedy might have been avoided. His constant pleading seemed to only make the police more offensive.

I’m generally pro police, law and order.

His only ‘transgression’ was struggling and berating the police after being arrested for counterfeit bills that may not have been bent after all.

He was cuffed, the armed police held all the aces. A technique to cut off his air supply wasn’t necessary.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I’m generally pro police, law and order.

His only ‘transgression’ was struggling and berating the police after being arrested for counterfeit bills that may not have been bent after all.

He was cuffed, the armed police held all the aces. A technique to cut off his air supply wasn’t necessary.

Incorrect, he was sat in the drivers seat of his/someone's vehicle having a drug meltdown that's why the police arrested him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here