Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Burley

So a manager who has won stuff doesn't have pedigree?

Hope you're not on the board down there - saying that....

Good answer.

High Fiv...........................errrr, 6

hand-six-fingers-4091669.jpg

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
It is a shame , I heard a few stories and it really isn't surprising .

Yeah so did I. Did very well at Ipswich, Hearts, maybe not Southampton but they were in turmoil if memories serves right. He always had that head down delivery that alcoholics have. Shame.

Ipswich_Crazy

Dec 14, 2014
I don't know, Lee Clark probably edges it. Got a first hand account of how he called a player whilst out on the lash, shouting the odds at him for not signing a contract whilst at Birmingham.

I lived in the same village as George for a few years and he never once went down our local.

Course, I wasn't in there every night, so he might've just gone when I hadn't.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hi all - Ipswich fan in peace

There's a rumour up here that you might be looking at our former manager George Burley as a fixed-term appointment to (eventually) replace Sami. I know George was at Palarse for a bit, but there's a bit in favour of the bloke:

a) can work on a budget
b) Plays free-flowing football
c) Has a good record with developing younger players.

Don't know if it's likely, but George was interviewed by our local rag recently and he admitted he'd only go back into management if "the right club, with decent youth team players to help develop and a good background of stability, came along". If you do go for GB, you'll probably also get Matt Holland as a first-team coach (ex-Bournemouth and an ITFC legend) and, if he gets fed up with Gus, Mauricio Treacle again.

Could be a winner!

To give you a reasonable answer, a lot of speculation is circulating and names are beginning to float around. One will eventually stick, although I'm not sure it would be him.

It is possible that the board hasn't sacked Sammi because they haven't been yet satisfied with the options available so far, and vice-versa. They'll be more over the coming days.

Ipswich_Crazy

Dec 14, 2014
To give you a reasonable answer, a lot of speculation is circulating and names are beginning to float around. One will eventually stick, although I'm not sure it would be him.

It is possible that the board hasn't sacked Sammi because they haven't been yet satisfied with the options available so far, and vice-versa. They'll be more over the coming days.

Thank you for the reasonable answer. I sincerely trust that you'll see better times ahead. We've been down the foot of the table and it's the expectation which hurts the most. Those summer days when you fondly imagined you'd be top six all season long, winning your play-off semi and then that trip to Wembley....

Defeats to 'lesser' teams hurt, but a few wins and you're back up there dreaming again.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Thank you for the reasonable answer. I sincerely trust that you'll see better times ahead. We've been down the foot of the table and it's the expectation which hurts the most. Those summer days when you fondly imagined you'd be top six all season long, winning your play-off semi and then that trip to Wembley....

Defeats to 'lesser' teams hurt, but a few wins and you're back up there dreaming again.

We will see better times, I'm sure. But I'd be satisfied with a safe elevation from the relegation zone and a new managerial appointment that inspires confidence.

Good luck for the rest of the season, but obviously not at our expense.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I don't know, Lee Clark probably edges it. Got a first hand account of how he called a player whilst out on the lash, shouting the odds at him for not signing a contract whilst at Birmingham.

A player told me he would brief them one day then forget he'd done it and give them a totally different pre-match briefing the following day :lolol:
I know his golf club where he drank and his local are crying into their white wine since he and his coaches moved on...... Takings way down!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
But harsh some posters on the Ipswich lad. He called them 'palarse' in his opening post which was good - Altho ruined it with the league 1 comment shortly after. Give him a break, Ipswich have done nothing for years with a big budget, and they've finally got it together this season - he's prob enjoying all things football...

As for Burley - no thanks. Where did this rumour actually come from?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here