Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Burley appointed Palace Boss

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Set to be confirmed tomorrow, thoughts?

Pretty happy with it, done well everywhere except the Scottish national side. We'll also be able to get a nice scotch on the rocks at half time if the rumours he likes a drink are true...

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Lets hope he gets a 2 year deal at least. He'll be a cracking manager in League One season after next.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
If this is true, in your current situation I'd be pretty happy with that. He's a pretty good manager and I reckon will help to keep you in the championship. Hope I'm wrong though and you get relegated and he gets sacked.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
If this is true, in your current situation I'd be pretty happy with that. He's a pretty good manager and I reckon will help to keep you in the championship. Hope I'm wrong though and you get relegated and he gets sacked.

Fair play :thumbsup:

He's got a pretty good record wherever he's gone. Hopefully he'll keep Freedman on as his assistant...

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
He's no Gustavo

We'll see on that one...

Gus was a very good appointment for you. Personally, I wouldn't take that risk with a Championship club though just yet.

Freedman was mentioned who is a Palace legend, as long as he stays on in some capacity I'll be happy as it's too soon to appoint him manager.

Jimmy Grimble

Unfortunately that's a decent appointment IMO.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
yeah I want to rip the piss ... but thats not a bad appointment

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He should do well for you, he has been good for every club he's managed (especially at the beginning of his tenure) although Scotland was more difficult for him (not suprising given the state of Scottish football). A good solid appointment I'd say.....erm.....you pikey scum etc....

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Apparently George(ie - scans better in the song P-A-L-A-C-E) had an appointment at the STD clinic today and I don't want to leak the results but.......it's not looking good.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Most Derby fans will tell you he's the best manager we've had since Jim Smith's years - Plays lovely football too. Often seen out and about in town of an evening though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here