Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Boyd.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Agree on Boyd as mentioned on here loads.

Cant agree on Lewis. Never seen this guy have a good game. Seems a liability from my limited viewing of him

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Andy Naylor tweeted that only million pound signings at the Albion in January will be DUNK going out :(

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I would have thought Boyd would cost us at least a couple of milion, really cant see us splashing out anythingnlike that on anyone. Reyes and loan signings would be my bet.

We could reduce that with a Harley exchange
party-smiley-004.gif

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I doubt it but one more roll of the dice for Bloom maybe? Who knows? I'd rather have one Boyd than 2/3 more of what we've got. Bigger issue than not having the dough is that Boyd might fancy a crack at a lower end Prem team but can defo see him leaving Posh this window.

Londoner

Banned
Dec 19, 2011
London
So you will clap Murray at Selhurst?

he only plays for "rivals"

It's not a rivalary..................its more than that by a long way

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008

Murray, a great player who scored 20 plus goals to get us promoted? No, I won't be clapping him.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
The obsession with Boyd is because he's one of the top two or three naturally gifted players in the division. He could create sigle handedly more goal scoring opportunities for CMS in one match than we have created all season. It's that simple.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Andy Naylor tweeted that only million pound signings at the Albion in January will be DUNK going out :(

Gus said in the Argus today NO big money signings in January, i reckon Dunk will hang on till the end of the season though, it won't do him any harm. Plus i'm confident he will want to pay back Gus for having faith in him....hopefully!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Gus said in the Argus today NO big money signings in January, i reckon Dunk will hang on till the end of the season though, it won't do him any harm. Plus i'm confident he will want to pay back Gus for having faith in him....hopefully!
Would rather sell dunk to fund the boyd signing:)

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Would rather sell dunk to fund the boyd signing:)

I agree, but i don't think it will happen in January. He's a talented lad, center halves of his age, showing the maturity he does are fairly rare, and usually go on to greater things. He knows a big club will come in for him, i just think he will be persuaded to stay till May...but then again, if its an offer we can't refuse........

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
What's the obsession with Boyd? I don't think Peterborough would sell him to us.

With Stevenage holding a 40% sell on clause, the ball as they say, is with Barry Fry. The Notts Forest loan/sale fell through because of this arrangement. Don't blame Stevenage as Peterborough happily signed the contract & there were no such problems with a very similar deal with Millwall & Morison. It's how small clubs survive.

Oct 25, 2003

murray was never a brighton fan so that's irrelevant........

mcmanaman/fowler/owen all everton fans.......played for liverpool...alan smuth leeds fan played for man united..........sol campbell spurs fan played for arsenal

so many examples.......basically footballers need work and will go where they can get it........(and where the money is)...often is the case that footballers aren't actually that massive fans of football in terms of watching is (because they were playing rather than watching it as kids).......if you want a palace/brighton example then i give you paul ifill

the main stumbling block when it comes to boyd isn't that he apparently supports palace, it's more that most clubs in the championship and even a few prem teams would have him...teams that are much more attractive than us

having said that we said that about both cms and vicente

bhaEB7

Mar 9, 2011
I doubt it but one more roll of the dice for Bloom maybe? Who knows? I'd rather have one Boyd than 2/3 more of what we've got. Bigger issue than not having the dough is that Boyd might fancy a crack at a lower end Prem team but can defo see him leaving Posh this window.

Sounds a bit over the top but if he really is a palace fan I don't want him , his motivation against palace would be questionned and if we where both close in the league pushing for play offs would he be as motivated for us to get it or would he be thinking in the back of his head about palarse maybe not just a thought would rather not sign him though we don't need him . He is absolute class but so is vicente and once he's fit he can be just as good maybe better and we've already seen climses I.e ipswich goal and generally looked fairly good , remembering that spanish players need a few months to get used to the football over here ! As for being good enough for the prem , don't think they amount of games he's played in the champ can show that , a friend of mine is a posh season ticket holder and told me that nobody is the team is prem standard even joe lewis who he says isn't that good !

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here