Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Genuine Question

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
No doubt this will open a can of worms but what is positive about the Muslim religion? Much of it may be media spin but I honestly see it as an extreme religion that has no intention whatsoever of integrating into the country. I admit I have educated myself very little about it which is mainly why I ask. You often hear about how muslims want to turn England into a muslim state and for example Alan Johnston being held by "the army of islam".

Are these people acting in accordance with certain teachings of the religion?

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
What are the positives of the Christian religion? The positives and negatives of both are largely the same.

Im struggling with positives of any religion at the moment! Just for the discussion I dont know of any violent extremist christian organisations that are plotting to blow London up at the moment but you can probably bet there is an extremist islamic organisation planning something similar.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
There are NO positives to religion. Read The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins if you need further proof. Atheism is the only way.

Islam is not an extreme religion (whatever your understanding of the word extreme), just like Christianity is not an extreme religion. Unfortunately, both have a number of nutters determined to twist the tenets of the religion they claim to profess for their own nefarious ends (bigotry, essentially). Both (at their core) preach tolerance and peace.

As for making Britain an Islamic state, I suspect very few moslems would put it in such stark terms; certainly many would not approve - just like many Christians might want us all to be Christians but accept the division of state and church and don't want a Christian state. Moslems and Christians would both wish the state to be run within a certain moral framework, which is fair enough. There's not much point in believing in a moral framework and (a) not wishing that others believe in it too, and (b) not wishing the country you are living in is run along the same lines.

The problem with your post is using 'moslems' when you should be saying 'some moslems'.

Positives (for me - not that I am a moslem, of course) would include that core teaching of tolerance and peace, alongside such things as the insistence upon care for those less fortunate, and the banning of usury. Now, those are two Islamic precepts which Britain would be a lot better place if they were taken up.

Last edited:

There are NO positives to religion. Read The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins if you need further proof. Atheism is the only way.

I'm an atheist, but I cannot see any positives in Richard Dawkins. Reason is not a god, and you shouldn't trust anyone who thinks so.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I'm an atheist, but I cannot see any positives in Richard Dawkins. Reason is not a god, and you shouldn't trust anyone who thinks so.

"reason is not a god" - can you explain for me what you mean by that please?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here