Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Genuine question, is Tomer Hemed any better than Chris O'Grady?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think Big Chris is considerably better than the player NSC will have you believe.
Sadly for him I don't think he's anywhere near as good as the strikers he's following, or his rumoured pay back.

I thought CoG played 'his role' very well v Forest, and he can certainly be a good asset for the club.
But coming back to money again, 'his role' is at odds with his stature.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Clearly he's streets ahead technically. Apparently not great last night, but his effort off the bar against Fulham and his header v Forest could so so easily have meant he was on 3 goals already...

Hemed will be a great player for us - I'm sure of it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He is yet to really, really impress me to be honest. Not saying he isn't a good player because we're very very early in the season but so far Baldock has done more for me and looked like a brand new player!

Baldock has looked one of our best players from what I've seen. As you say, a brand new player

I'm just glad we offloaded that shitehouse winger Ballsack.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Too early to judge really.

Despite scoring two penalties, neither was particularly convincing (i.e. could easily have been saved had the keeper gone the right way).
He's composed on the ball and holds it up well.
He hasn't really had many chances to demonstrate whether he's a good finisher or not yet.

Give it a few months and we'll all have a better idea!

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
I thought Hemed looked ok, a bit immobile, but he is a big unit...

Then COG came on. He's going to be useful at his role of hold up player but he's so slow, it was like he runs through treacle! The linesman (who'd been running up and down all game) outsprinted him when they both came together running down the line!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Yes.
From (a limited) two games I would say that Hemed will score more goals than O'Grady and provide more direct assists.
That does not denigrate O'Grady. Simply Hemed is a different class in footballing ability. He sees things quicker, reacts quicker, and is generally more assertive in his overall contribution. He also knows how to get the fans on his side

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Unless you are making crumble, in which case an orange is useless.

I'd advise adding some freshly squeezed OJ to your next rhubarb crumble. Gives a nice rounded depth to the tartness of the rhubarb and makes the whole lot extra delicious.

Your point still applies though.

Jimmy Grimble

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here