Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Genki Haraguchi

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Interesting that Hertha fans rightly say that but in the Japanese national team he has become something of a stand out player recently playing a more direct role.
With this and talkvof Snodgrass and Cafu it certainly seems that we are looking to use pace as a primary weapon next season possibly indicating a predominantly counterattacking set-up. Wouldn't be the biggest surprise in the world. :shrug:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
So, in summary "Meh" Thank you.

Everyone turns on their own club's players when it looks like they're moving on. I imagine he is just a little bit better than they are alluding.

It's a cheap (relative) signing to capture a foreign market, probably Barber at work. My only qualm is it will consume an all important position in the squad. Then again he may surprise us all.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Everyone turns on their own club's players when it looks like they're moving on. I imagine he is just a little bit better than they are alluding.

It's a cheap (relative) signing to capture a foreign market, probably Barber at work. My only qualm is it will consume an all important position in the squad. Then again he may surprise us all.

Plus a player considered good enough to make the Europa League squad is probably good enough for us! :)

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Interesting that Hertha fans rightly say that but in the Japanese national team he has become something of a stand out player recently playing a more direct role.
With this and talkvof Snodgrass and Cafu it certainly seems that we are looking to use pace as a primary weapon next season possibly indicating a predominantly counterattacking set-up. Wouldn't be the biggest surprise in the world. :shrug:

It's all down to managing and coaching the players to be their best. He will certainly be hard working and eager to please.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
When the rumour first emerged all tweets about him were very positive, now they all see him as an average squad player. Funny how opinions change once a player seems to be on the way out...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

It has to be the way we go, we are hardly a dominant side with the ball now, and will see way less of it next season, I bloody love a good counter attacking side.

Just a pacy striker to go on that front....

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
PS: There have been a couple of reports linking us with Genki including The Sun. But certainly nothing confirmed. That HB account is a UK fan HB account , probably just commenting on the rumours.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I'd be delighted if we got this lad signed. Has pace, quick feet, looks ok on either foot from the videos i've seen. Could play wide or as a 10 I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here