Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General ticket question

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
I know that members of the 1901 Club and season ticket holders have a card but what happens for others buying tickets for individual matches.
I have only just registered on the ticket site and my first match was last week and there was printed tickets for that game. I am thinking of trying to get some Barnsley tickets should I have a plastic card my purchase is loaded onto or will paper tickets come out to me.
My health means a season ticket is out of the question and I just want to get up and running with the correct way to buy tickets and attend matches.
:albion2:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hi, only season ticket holders and 1901 have cards for now.

People buying individual tickets will get paper copies each time.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Hello, you will get paper tickets sent to you or if you buy tickets to close to the game (I think 3 days away from the game or less) you pick them up from the Amex.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Didn't they suggest last season that people would receive their own membership card on buying their first ticket, and it would then be updated electronically from that point on? Obviously that idea didn't come to fruition...

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Didn't they suggest last season that people would receive their own membership card on buying their first ticket, and it would then be updated electronically from that point on? Obviously that idea didn't come to fruition...

Guess it is because it is not easy to see what seat you have. This makes it hard for people who are buying match to match since it will be a different seat each time, and also for stewards when there is a dispute.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Insider replied to a question on ATC yesterday which says smartcards are going to be issued for a match by match basis. Presumably newbies would get a smartcard for a 2nd visit to The Amex (paper ticket for 1st game) and those already on the database issued with a smartcard for their next visit.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I was not a season ticket holder last year and used to get paper tickets , but halfway through i opted for a card and the tickets i purchased were loaded on . So basically its upto you what you want. if you go for the card version . you get sent an email and also you can look up on the club website your seat position .

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I was not a season ticket holder last year and used to get paper tickets , but halfway through i opted for a card and the tickets i purchased were loaded on . So basically its upto you what you want. if you go for the card version . you get sent an email and also you can look up on the club website your seat position .

So do you think I could get individual matches loaded on to my card from last year, even though I didn't renew my season ticket?

I can understand it would be confusing with my old seat number, though, so I guess it would be useful to print the email.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011

Oh right, I don't have a season ticket but go to quite a few games, how to I get a card?

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Oh right, I don't have a season ticket but go to quite a few games, how to I get a card?

i just popped into club shop and said could i have one . gave fan number and they did it there and then

ditchy

Jul 8, 2003
brighton
So do you think I could get individual matches loaded on to my card from last year, even though I didn't renew my season ticket?

I can understand it would be confusing with my old seat number, though, so I guess it would be useful to print the email.

not sure on that one. Dont see why not as you still keep the same fan number

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Just one of many ideas that seem to get cancelled or put on the back burner...An Official Ticket exchange is a glaring example.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Guess it is because it is not easy to see what seat you have. This makes it hard for people who are buying match to match since it will be a different seat each time, and also for stewards when there is a dispute.

I had a smart card for the home section for our FA Cup game against West Ham. You put it on a reader and the block, row and seat number would flash up.

Trouble was, by the time I had made it to the top tier, I had forgotten all the info. That happened three times, before a steward helped me out. I was desperately trying to stay in cognito.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Funny, because when I asked if I could have a smart card I was told flatly "no". Despite what it says on the club website and memberships part of the ticket website.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here