Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General sale for arsenal

Feb 14, 2010
I don't see anything wrong with 29K for the Fulham game.
My point was Moshe talking about real Albion fans missing out.

No idea what a real fan is, but if you can get 29000 for a relegation scrap in the championship then it stands to reason that when Arsenal are in town the club could have sold many many more than the 30000 capacity it has. All this real fan business is odd. There are many Sussex people who will look out for a result but hardly ever go. They are still real supporters, just they have other things to do or they cant make it because they are infirm or they have a million other reasons.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No idea what a real fan is, but if you can get 29000 for a relegation scrap in the championship then it stands to reason that when Arsenal are in town the club could have sold many many more than the 30000 capacity it has. All this real fan business is odd. There are many Sussex people who will look out for a result but hardly ever go. They are still real supporters, just they have other things to do or they cant make it because they are infirm or they have a million other reasons.

I agree with you. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Give it a rest, you are talking rubbish and you know it. 34000 for Rochdale in the lower leagues, they now have children, grandchildren. Brighton's support has not changed. As I say only two of my family are going, the rest like me have other things to do. Because BHA are a Sussex club it has a very large active support, see 29000 for Fulham when in a championship relegation scrap and an even far far bigger latent support. Why you see something wrong with that is for you i suppose.
WCP - you speak more significant sense than most of the rest of NSC put together.

Our support is, and always has been, excellent for the size of our club and what we have been dished up.

The atmospheres at home, and away, come and go with what is happening on the pitch. When it is good then it is superb and overall much, much better than the league average.

And yet we still get all the time on here about our fans being middle-class, plastic, JCL, silent, small numbers, etc. People should realise that they are only speaking about themselves when they come out with this crap...!!!

Feb 14, 2010
I agree with you. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make?

That the bloke who said many Albion fans have missed out is correct. They have. But its impossible to have a ground to meet demand for Brighton v Arsenal. If BHA were an established top flight club then the ground is too small but its about right for us in the Championship.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That the bloke who said many Albion fans have missed out is correct. They have. But its impossible to have a ground to meet demand for Brighton v Arsenal. If BHA were an established top flight club then the ground is too small but its about right for us in the Championship.

I would be surprised if there are many Albion fans in Sussex, who haven't got some purchase history with the club.

Feb 14, 2010
I would be surprised if there are many Albion fans in Sussex, who haven't got some purchase history with the club.

Really? I can name about around 4 or 5 in my family, as we all get tickets from other family or friends normally. Different people go with different frequency, from once or twice in a lifetime (but still listen out for the results) all the way through to season ticket holders who have hardly missed a game since the 1940s.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
edit: contradicted WCP

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Albion fans who have posted on Nsc that they're not going to bother with this game?
We were given 32K tickets for the Millenium in 2004, and didn't sell out (it was 28K odd).
So where are all these real Albion fans that have missed out?

And if we get to Wembley (and stranger things have happened) all these people who "aren't interested" will suddenly become very interested in the Cup.

Feb 14, 2010
And if we get to Wembley (and stranger things have happened) all these people who "aren't interested" will suddenly become very interested in the Cup.

Not sure if you get this club. Its a club who has a large active support (large lower league gates throughout its history, 29000 for a relegation scrap against Fulham and 23000 season ticket holders) and a large latent support. Sussex people support "the Albion" as Australian's support the baggy green or we support England. Can't see that this is anything to have anything but cause for celebration myself.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
some of us have to pick and chose our games:
watford and charlton away last year, bolton at home leeds and blackpool away this season for me
yes if we get to wembley i will try and be there ... not missed a wembley / millenium game yet!!
4/4
definitely doesnt mean i am "not interested" if i dont go on saturday
there are so many of us , many have other things going on
it would be so boring and so full and even more expensive
if we were all "interested" at the same time
enjoy!
looks like it could be another great Albion day out!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Gotta say all this real fans and plastics tosh makes me smile (when it's not making me angry). Supporting a club / being a fan has nothing to do with how many games you attend. It's what's in your heart and your head and it's a generational thing. As WCP rightly says there are all sorts of reasons for not going to games. The things I love most about BHAFC right now are the number of women and children who now feel safe attending matches and how few lary-arsed louts remain. A bit more singing at the Amex might be good but even without it we have one hell of an impressive fan base.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Gotta say all this real fans and plastics tosh makes me smile (when it's not making me angry). Supporting a club / being a fan has nothing to do with how many games you attend. It's what's in your heart and your head and it's a generational thing. As WCP rightly says there are all sorts of reasons for not going to games. The things I love most about BHAFC right now are the number of women and children who now feel safe attending matches and how few lary-arsed louts remain. A bit more singing at the Amex might be good but even without it we have one hell of an impressive fan base.

This

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here