Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Public looking like fools again

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
The article has a quote from Dan Glass.

Is he not the NUS person at Sussex Uni that was trying to cause problems for the Albion during the Falmer planning process / build?

He was interviewed on the Five Live this morning - a complete tool spouting utter nonsense. Made the UKIP rep sound quite balanced and normal...... which is some achievement.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
ask yourself what the reaction would have been if a load of nf or bnp supporters had cornered a prominent cleric whilst out enjoying a meal with his family...the ramifications / consequences would not be good would they...?? twatts like this should stick to planting trees and chaining themselves to bulldozers.......or better still , making quilts out of seaweed and alpaca wool......c*nts...!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Mr Glass, who was involved in the 'protest', may even have organised it, was on 5 Live this morning. His quote 'I saw no children anywhere' followed by 'yes we had mothers breast feeding their children on the (protest)'.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Would it be entirely surprising if it turned out Farage orchestrated the whole thing?

What better way than to deflect attention than to play the harassed victim card.

A cynical view perhaps?

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Disgusting scummy behaviour and totally unjustified and ironically, totally undemocratic in a society which gives you democratic rights.
I've never had a problem with Farage. He generally says what most people believe anyway. Most of us can think in slightly clunky muddled ways unlike the smooth, safe sound biting Lab/ Lib and Con MPs who are highly paid but fiddle their expenses big time when they don't think anyone is watching.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Disgusting scummy behaviour and totally unjustified and ironically, totally undemocratic in a society which gives you democratic rights.
I've never had a problem with Farage. He generally says what most people believe anyway. Most of us can think in slightly clunky muddled ways unlike the smooth, safe sound biting Lab/ Lib and Con MPs who are highly paid but fiddle their expenses big time when they don't think anyone is watching.

Not sure that Farage says what 'most people believe'. Is a 15% approval poll suggesting a new meaning for the word 'most'?
Expenses fiddling is a good thing to bring up this week or will you be arguing that UKIP is a fresh face in politics, and unlike the 'old parties' not in it to line their pockets?

Last edited:

Is he not the NUS person at Sussex Uni that was trying to cause problems for the Albion during the Falmer planning process / build?

A quick google search confirms that with a past NSC thread. Seems to have a habit of trying to make a name for himself with publicity stunts, for example attempting to superglued himself to Gordon Brown when being handed an award by the then PM

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?101187-Sussex-Uni-Students-against-Falmer-Now-confirmed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7520401.stm

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
The ironic thing is - the protest will actually help Farage, especially in what is going to be his seat after May 7th.

For anyone that thinks otherwise, go to Thanet South. UKIP are incredibly popular, whether you agree with them or not.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Not sure that Farage says what 'most of us think'. Is a 15% poll suggesting a new meaning for the word 'most'?
Expenses fiddling is a good thing to bring up this week haha.
He says the EU is undemocratic. He says unrestricted immigration is bad for the quality of life and a financial strain. He fired the woman who fiddled her expenses. Did Brown, Cameron or Clegg back in 2009? he suggested the NHS should at lead consider some form of insurance funding. He does not confuse race with nationality.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Not sure that Farage says what 'most people believe'. Is a 15% approval poll suggesting a new meaning for the word 'most'?
Expenses fiddling is a good thing to bring up this week or will you be arguing that UKIP is a fresh face in politics, and unlike the 'old parties' not in it to line their pockets?
Are there many immigrants in Prague..?? Apart from you ..??

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Im quite enjoying the fact that this isolated, single incident regarding a UKIP MEPs fraudulent activity ....obviously, a single incident. They are always single incidents, as far as UKIP and its supporters are concerned. Has generated such a hissy fit from the NSC UKIP club :-D I hope there is a UKIP incident every week...obviously, not outside the realms of possibility... Soulman will need a new laptop by the elections

You rang my lord. FYI i do not have a laptop, maybe you could send me a cheap one from Prague ta.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Just because you agree with what he says doesn't mean that a) he believes it b) most people are similarly duped

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

He really doesn't you know.

Substitute 'most' which implies the majority, or a lot more than 50%, with say 'a lot' or 'a significant minority', and the statement probably works...

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Just because you agree with what he says doesn't mean that a) he believes it b) most people are similarly duped
I refer to my subsequent response to a reply to this. NB I might well agree with him but I did not SAY I did. You've assumed I did. I did not say he agreed with what he said but it's reasonable to believe he believe what he says.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I refer to my subsequent response to a reply to this. NB I might well agree with him but I did not SAY I did. You've assumed I did. I did not say he agreed with what he said but it's reasonable to believe he believe what he says.

Then you are even more easily duped than your posts would suggest.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Similar subject, Afzal Amin (Conservative) has been accused of organizing an EDL march so he could get the credit to stop it. There were rumours about the Brighton march being held, since scrapped. I wonder?

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill

A quick google search confirms that with a past NSC thread. Seems to have a habit of trying to make a name for himself with publicity stunts, for example attempting to superglued himself to Gordon Brown when being handed an award by the then PM

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?101187-Sussex-Uni-Students-against-Falmer-Now-confirmed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7520401.stm

:thumbsup: Good work - His name rang a bell with me too. Wanted to take on BHA fans over Falmer didn't he..? :guns:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here