Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Photography thread

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
One of my best images of the summer, it's something i wanted to see in the wild for 55 years.... Heavily cropped and light boosted as it was quite over clouded .

Attachments

• Sand Lizard.jpg
    Sand Lizard.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 80

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
There is a new wilderness area in Woodingdean which I have taken a bit of an interest in. A good variety (and volume) of butterflies though nothing too special . This spider took my interest... It appears to be a visitor to this country which has started to breed here.

Fantastic Wardy. It's a wasp spider and apparently been around for many years. There's some excellent spider and general insect groups on FB

Mr Phil

Nov 29, 2022
There is a new wilderness area in Woodingdean which I have taken a bit of an interest in. A good variety (and volume) of butterflies though nothing too special . This spider took my interest... It appears to be a visitor to this country which has started to breed here.
Beautiful picture, horrifying insect

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Fantastic Wardy. It's a wasp spider and apparently been around for many years. There's some excellent spider and general insect groups on FB
Thanks I think you are right, first recorded 100 years ago but though rapid increase in last 20 years - saying that it was first one i have seen. This in the newly (4 years) set up wildness area near the cemetery in Woodingdean. absolutely striking looking mini-beast.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
My mate Rob passed away on Monday. He was ex-BA cabin crew, a keen back garden plane spotter and a huge Brentford fan. We'd have superb conversations about planes whilst walking our dogs. He'd tell outrageous stories of his time in BA, we'd send each other messages of special liveries coming into Heathrow. About 8 years ago Icelandair repainted a couple of their 757-200's into stunning specials. I've tried catching TF-FIU, Hekla Aurora, five or six times now and the weather, diversions, the light has always defeated me. The running saga of my failures always made him laugh. Well I finally caught her on Tuesday on the FI450 coming in on 27R at Heathrow. It made me smile, as Rob was a true gent.

Taken with a Nikon D750, 80-400mm lens. f9, stepped by +0.3 exposure, iso 200

View attachment DSC_9054.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I would guess that you had opened the box to put something in it - and now you can't. Pesky beasts.
Nah. He loves a box so whatever arrives in the week we keep one of, so he has a lovely new box to get into. Oddly his favourite bivouc is the plastic thing we use to take him to the vet (claws trimmed, jabs, etc.)..
1695933533620.png

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Whilst watching the recent tear gas episode of celebrity SAS, I thought back to my trips out to Jerusalem, primarily the old city during the intifadas. Here's a pic of the panic stricken Greek Patriarch caught up in one of the frequent tear gas attacks, the trouble had been elsewhere, but as was quite usual, if there was a breeze, the gas wafted into other nearby areas catching people by surprise. This was taken outside the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here