Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] General Election 2024 - 4th July

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Just realized why Sunk is going early. It's to catch out Labour who are not quite fully prepared for an election campaign.

By this means he is hoping to reduce Labour's majority to several dozen, rather than scores.

Genius!
I think Labour have been ready from the moment pat mcfadden was put in charge and Sue grey joined.

Tories hopeful that the daily mails favourite policeman (chief con of GMP) charges Angela Rayner for her potential £1500 tax error.

stewardxxx

Oct 7, 2008
Brighton
If it is July 4 I'll be flying back from The Netherlands for a work trip and will be home at approx 7pm. Might have to hedge against flight delays with a postal vote.

I assume that the Tories have picked July as students will be at home and not in their University constituency :rolleyes:
I was also in the Netherlands for the last election on a work trip. Postal vote was maximised!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So Jimmy Anderson could well outlast one last Prime Minister (the Lord’s test being the week after)

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Can't wait, it's about time. Give it a couple of years and I expect we will all be feeling wealthier and the the NHS will thrive to be better than it has ever been. Keir will nail these Eaton lads, bring it on Rishi, you're going to get one hell of a beating.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I got abused by one last time when I handed him his leaflet back after he ignored my 'no tory or ukip leaflets' sign.

The candidate then had to resign as a councillor as he had been done for drink driving and tried to lie his way out of it
I was leafletting a council estate in 1997 for Labour. I put one through a letterbox, a bloke came out, waved the leaflet and shouted “You can stick that up your arse”. I gave him a jolly wave and said “I’ll put you down as undecided shall I ?"

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Just realized why Sunk is going early. It's to catch out Labour who are not quite fully prepared for an election campaign.

By this means he is hoping to reduce Labour's majority to several dozen, rather than scores.

Genius!
only problem with that plan is that I think Labour are quite prepared. For example they've been actively campaigning round my neck of the woods (staunch Tory but a definite Labour target) for a while now

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So Jimmy Anderson could well outlast one last Prime Minister (the Lord’s test being the week after)
He's been around longer than NSC

Reactions: A1X

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
only problem with that plan is that I think Labour are quite prepared. For example they've been actively campaigning round my neck of the woods (staunch Tory but a definite Labour target) for a while now
Yup.

Labour, in effect, went last week on the campaign.

Reactions: A1X

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Very surprised he didn't wait until he got a plane off to Rwanda
Sophy Ridge reckons it’s while Rwanda still works as a threat, a plane having taken off but the boat numbers rising even more would be a nightmare scenario

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Can't wait, it's about time. Give it a couple of years and I expect we will all be feeling wealthier and the the NHS will thrive to be better than it has ever been. Keir will nail these Eaton lads, bring it on Rishi, you're going to get one hell of a beating.
You were doing well until you mentioned the NHS. 🤣🤣

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I am rather looking forward to telling the Tory door-to-door campaigners to get off my property. That'll be fun.
When they knocked on our door last time, and said "Can we rely upon your vote?", Mrs Peteinblack calmly replied: "My husband works in education, and I work in the NHS, so what do you think?". They beat a hasty retreat!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
We import nine tenths of all of our pears. We import two thirds of our cheese.

That. Is. A. Disgrace
That's the fault of the Deep State and the Woke!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here