Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] General Election 2024 - 4th July

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Even now, with all the polling pointing to it - I'm not letting myself believe.

It's the hope that kills you.
You are wise

If tonight Sunak stands at a podium on Downing St and announces it's time for him to really clamp down and stop the boats, the rest of us will be crying and you won't

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Thought they'd hang on longer.

Banking on Euros fever...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The cringeometer will be in full swing when the politicians unpack their newly purchased England shirts handed to them for photo ops, still with fold marks clearly visible.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Exclusive!!!!!!

Sunak speech leaked!!!!

“ We have decided to hold a General Election on 4th July because we have stolen, embezzled, pilfered, and robbed the last possible penny that this country had. We, as a Government thank you, the British people for making us, the Conservative and Unionist Party of Great Britain richer than Midas, and the most successful organised crime syndicate in history.”

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just realized why Sunk is going early. It's to catch out Labour who are not quite fully prepared for an election campaign.

By this means he is hoping to reduce Labour's majority to several dozen, rather than scores.

Genius!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The cringeometer will be in full swing when the politicians unpack their newly purchased England shirts handed to them for photo ops, still with fold marks clearly visible.
And the little 'made in Vietnam' tags.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I am rather looking forward to telling the Tory door-to-door campaigners to get off my property. That'll be fun.
I got abused by one last time when I handed him his leaflet back after he ignored my 'no tory or ukip leaflets' sign.

The candidate then had to resign as a councillor as he had been done for drink driving and tried to lie his way out of it

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The time is almost up for the current cabal, a fresh cabal lie in wait.
A summer of fun.

And the cry goes up again 'They're all the same'

The plaintive cry of someone who has voted for a complete clusterf*** (often more than once :wink:), now realises they have voted for a complete clusterf***, but in order to try not to appear stupid or take any responsibility for the clusterf*** , claims that they're all the same so their vote didn't contribute to this current clusterf*** in any way :lolol:

Saves me typing it :wink:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I got abused by one last time when I handed him his leaflet back after he ignored my 'no tory or ukip leaflets' sign.

The candidate then had to resign as a councillor as he had been done for drink driving and tried to lie his way out of it
Classic "One rule for me, one rule for thee" Tory chicanery.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Cabinet meeting now.

Downing Street announcement at 6.00 o’clock

It’s going to be about lanyards, isn’t it.
Larry the Downing Street cat is a filthy immigrant and will be on the next plane to Rwanda

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
The thing I find weird is that David Cameron felt the need to call off a visit to Albania at short notice, that they'd clearly gone to a lot of trouble to prepare for based on the photos on the thread on the BBC website.

It's not like he's got an election to prepare for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here