Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] General Election 2024 - 4th July

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
A lot of rumours our dear leader shall speak unto us at 5pm today

Put it this way, if he's not calling an election today then it's worse than that election Brown bottled in 2007. There will be a LOT of talking down to be done.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Tories banking on England doing well at the World Cup to create a feel good factor. That's all they've got at this stage.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Tories banking on England doing well at the World Cup to create a feel good factor. That's all they've got at this stage.
If he is calling it now then it can only be because that this is as good as its going to get over next 6 months.

He will claim inflation is coming down (aka the speed prices go up is slowing)

Rwanda is sorted (they have a law, but only one person has left and that was having been paid off)

No tax rises (but no cuts either)

Party unity is as good as it can be (there will be a revolt by September)

Yep that's all hunky dory then

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
:ROFLMAO:

I wouldn't be surprised. 'Well, let's hope the bring back the World Cup. That's how Labour did it in '66' 'Yeah, erm, about that..'

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
I'm soooo looking forward to election night. I'm definitely taking the Friday off work and staying up all night to watch a load of ****s lose their seats,
I've already tentatively booked 5th July off

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm soooo looking forward to election night. I'm definitely taking the Friday off work and staying up all night to watch a load of ****s lose their seats,
Me too I can not wait, but as others have mentioned half of them have already announced they will be standing down and will probably be walking into 100k+ pa 'consultancy' jobs.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Cut to a slow motion scene cutting between Rishi walking to the podium while Graham Brady runs up Whitehall
I had heard that many tory party staff had been told no holidays over the summer. Leading to major revolts from better halves. Who is rishi more scared of? His staff, his back benches or his father in law?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Time to roll this out then

That is a breach of election law. You aren't allowed to film in a polling booth. I'm surprised they didn't get prosecuted.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Me too I can not wait, but as others have mentioned half of them have already announced they will be standing down and will probably be walking into 100k+ pa 'consultancy' jobs.
Yes, but some of the main ****s are still going to have to deal with it:

Anderson
Gullis
Bridgen
IDS
Redwood
Howard
Mogg??

Hopefully plenty of others in seats that might be a bit squeeky bum if the swing is as big as the polls suggest and tactical voting is utilised.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here