Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] General Election 2024 - 4th July

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
We’re special, a handwritten letter just for us from Caroline and Siân :love: .

View attachment 184285View attachment 184286
Not that special (although you are to us! ;) ) - we had this badly printed missive, in a fairly large envelope, hand delivered as well. I do wonder why it is hand-written (in a hurry?) and was it supposed to be typed up by an intern or something? Not sure how they've managed to make it look so bad. Maybe the trick is that people will talk about it and share it around?

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
3 new polls in over the last day that are solidifying the direction of travel. Across the three of them, the story is:

- Labour support "stable" (1x no change, 1x -1, 1x +1)
- Tory support continuing to trend down (1x no change, 1x -1, 1x -2)
- Reform support continuing to trend up (+1, +3, +4)

The actual numbers are all over the place, though ... eg Labour 40%, 43%, and 46%. Once these get pulled into the poll trackers, I think we'll see Labour's position flattening back out around 40-42%. Tory continuing to trend downwards towards busting through that 20% figure, and Reform doing the opposite and continuing to trend up towards 20%. Of course, the next YouGov poll will be interesting - will they show further erosion in Labour support, or will their new methodology settle down in that 37-40% range it dipped into last week?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Most younger people have a provisional driving licence. Most ID accepted for alcohol is accepted to vote
I’m not saying they don’t.

Just odd that some ID for older folks is acceptable and the young persons equivalent is not.

I read that as the Tory’s being rather desperate and mean.

Reactions: A1X

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
IMG_9722.jpeg

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Young persons travel cards are not acceptable but pensioners’ are.

That sort of thing.
While you are quite correct ( and it's a ridiculous situation ), pensioners are the most likely to have given up their driving licences and passports. The whole thing is just daft given electoral fraud was close to zero before ID requirements were brought in.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not that special (although you are to us! ;) ) - we had this badly printed missive, in a fairly large envelope, hand delivered as well. I do wonder why it is hand-written (in a hurry?) and was it supposed to be typed up by an intern or something? Not sure how they've managed to make it look so bad. Maybe the trick is that people will talk about it and share it around?

The 'personal touch'. Our pile of leaflets grows ever bigger, making being in a marginal more interesting imho.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not sure if anyone has posted this (I've seen the second installment but not this, the first). All you need to know really, if even just 0.01 % of your brain-stem's credulous neurons are still instinctively drawn towards voting Conservative.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Sadly I have heard very little that I can believe from any of the Parties. Billions more for everything but no increase in taxes !!!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Sadly I have heard very little that I can believe from any of the Parties. Billions more for everything but no increase in taxes !!!
I think some people will be surprised how much money is freed up once the Tory’s leave office.
They are an expensive party.

Me Atome

Mar 10, 2024
What concerns me more, not just now but generally, is postal voting. Like a lot of things, it has been allowed to grow out of all sensible proportions. And with this there is no security whatsoever, and no control of who is doing the voting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here