Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
The top 1% can afford it.
Probably the top 90% can afford to pay their way..... but they don't all do they?

Affordability doesn't come into it, it's the law, work and pay taxes in proportion.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
More barmy nonsense from JC today...

(Paraphrasing) "My most important job as Prime Minister would be to keep Britain safe. I believe we can learn a lot from recent history about how that is best achieved but a Labour government would also do everything necessary militarily".

The man is plainly a lunatic.

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
The top 1% can afford it.

That's not the point though is it. It's finding the right balance between keeping them paying into our coffers, gaining the most possible to fund our services, before reaching the point they find it unpalatable and bugger off somewhere else and take their tax money with them. That's the pragmatic reality. No point having a huge tax on big earners, if there aren't any big earners left in the country to pay it.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
That's not the point though is it. It's finding the right balance between keeping them paying into our coffers, gaining the most possible to fund our services, before reaching the point they find it unpalatable and bugger off somewhere else and take their tax money with them. That's the pragmatic reality. No point having a huge tax on big earners, if there aren't any big earners left in the country to pay it.

Maybe they plan to stop them at the borders and take their money as they leave?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I think there is scope for 2% from the current position of 19%... but the evidence suggests that tax cuts are a more positive approach, encouraging growth and investment... this article is a good read....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39869118

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It doesn't actually say that though. Because it isn't true
Low tax = more investment is a globally prevalent right wing myth.

chart on corp tax vs FDI in Uk.jpg

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
1. Blame the press.

2. Ignore how it will be paid for.

3. Go against all available data and cling onto the dream of power.

Thank God this election will be over in a few weeks and Labour can tear itself apart and the centre left can start to build a credible opposition from the ground up

When the Tories decide to grow up and treat the public like adults instead of just childish insults towards any opposition and when they actually tell us what they are going to change for the better of everyone but mostly the JAMS, when they stop their constant lying and twisting facts to suit their agenda, when they admit that education and NHS will be properly funded as everybody knows it isn't and when they say something different than a strong and stable economy when so many are struggling, then I suggest that you and that total goon Hastings Gull keep your idiotic thoughts to yourself.
I have yet to see either one of you do anything else except follow your parties line and just slag off Labour rather than anything good that the Tories have done or will do.
Such a shame that the public believe what the Tories and our pathetic press say.
All I want is some honesty and facts from the Tories before I cast my vote, but I won't vote for a party that thinks it can say and do whatever it likes because they think I am stupid enough to believe them.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
When the Tories decide to grow up and treat the public like adults instead of just childish insults towards any opposition and when they actually tell us what they are going to change for the better of everyone but mostly the JAMS, when they stop their constant lying and twisting facts to suit their agenda, when they admit that education and NHS will be properly funded as everybody knows it isn't and when they say something different than a strong and stable economy when so many are struggling, then I suggest that you and that total goon Hastings Gull keep your idiotic thoughts to yourself.
I have yet to see either one of you do anything else except follow your parties line and just slag off Labour rather than anything good that the Tories have done or will do.
Such a shame that the public believe what the Tories and our pathetic press say.
All I want is some honesty and facts from the Tories before I cast my vote, but I won't vote for a party that thinks it can say and do whatever it likes because they think I am stupid enough to believe them.

Don't bother voting at all then.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
This manifesto is the one I have been waiting to see from a Labour Party for so many years I am convinced and I will be voting Labour

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
More barmy nonsense from JC today...

"My most important job as Prime Minister would be to keep Britain safe. I believe we can learn a lot from recent history about how that is best achieved but a Labour government would also do everything necessary militarily".
Kindly specify exactly which part of that statement is barmy or nonsensical, with reasons. That'll be difficult for you, I guess, bearing in mind that 'I hate Corbyn' or 'I'm just going on what the Daily Mail says' are not counted as valid reasons.
"Keeping Britain safe" is a top priority for any Prime Minister, wouldn't you agree?

PS. I won't be voting for JC either; that doesn't stop me acknowledging the fact if and when he says something sensible.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Wasting your vote then?

How is he "wasting his vote" Should he just vote for an immoral Tory party he doesn't agree with instead because it's the "sensible thing to do?" After all they are the "Strong and Stable" party that will sort out all the UK's problems!

Maybe he should just blindly voye Tory, whilst believing Labour are unelectable because the Billionaire/Zio owned & controlled mainstream media tell him so? God damn! when did the UK population become so dumbed down and as brainwashed as the U.S citizans?

I am fairly sure the core "inner ring" of the Tory party couldn't give a shit if many (if any of you) voting for them lived or died tomorrow. Infact they actualy get off watchign some of the poor suffer! I honestly believe Corbyn lives and dies for his morals and is the real deal.

You classing the poster on here voting Labour as a "wasted vote" just tells me how brainwashed you are! Yes, lets all vote for half human/ half cyborg T-9000 Theresa May and embrace her still undisclosed Tory manifesto/Brexit plan

**** me, what has happened to this country! :ffsparr:

Last edited:

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
By Zio do you mean Jewish? ???

No.... Many orthodox Jews do not agree or condone the forcefull & capatilist nature of Zionism they are witnessing. In many ways it has mutated into a freemason kind of network where you have to be a paid up member to be in the club. Many of them are not of true Jewish heriitage/bloodlines. The main trick they use is if you are against the goals of Zionism you are an anti-semite. Which is quite frankly ridiculous!

https://www.opendemocracy.net/transformation/ray-filar/why-i-am-antizionist-jew

http://english.ohmynews.com/articleview/article_view.asp?at_code=348817

http://www.nkusa.org/AboutUs/Zionism/opposition.cfm

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
How is he "wasting his vote" Should he just vote for an immoral Tory party he doesn't agree with instead because it's the "sensible thing to do?" After all they are the "Strong and Stable" party that will sort out all the UK's problems!

Maybe he should just blindly voye Tory, whilst believing Labour are unelectable because the Billionaire/Zio owned & controlled mainstream media tell him so? God damn! when did the UK population become so dumbed down and as brainwashed as the U.S citizans?

I am fairly sure the core "inner ring" of the Tory party couldn't give a shit if many (if any of you) voting for them lived or died tomorrow. Infact they actualy get off watchign some of the poor suffer! I honestly believe Corbyn lives and dies for his morals and is the real deal.

You classing the poster on here voting Labour as a "wasted vote" just tells me how brainwashed you are! Yes, lets all vote for half human/ half cyborg T-9000 Theresa May and embrace her still undisclosed Tory manifesto/Brexit plan

**** me, what has happened to this country! :ffsparr:

And you think the inner circle of Momentum give a **** if any of their voters lived or died tomorrow, they are a self serving bully boy elite group who will gladly tread on anyone in their way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here