Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
The people that really annoy me are the right wing poor.

They live in shiteholes and have terrible low paid jobs.

Yet in their twisted little minds they think they are only one break in life from being moderately weathy and living the life of riley. They don't blame the Tory government for their terrible lifestyle, they blame immigrants or the EU. Or both.

So they vote Tory.

And then will spend the next 5 years waiting weeks for hospital appointments, having schools reject applications for entry, their kids being unable to afford to go to university etc etc.

It's a complete and utter joke. Not a funny one either.

This really exemplifies my post above. You know better than them. You tell them who they SHOULD be blaming, and who they SHOULD be voting for. You insult people and call them a joke for not doing so.

This entire paragraph, if simplified and stripped of its vitriol, boils down to "they should be voting the way that I vote".

You must HATE the democratic process.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
This really exemplifies my post above. You know better than them. You tell them who they SHOULD be blaming, and who they SHOULD be voting for. You insult people and call them a joke for not doing so.

This entire paragraph, if simplified and stripped of its vitriol, boils down to "they should be voting the way that I vote".

You must HATE the democratic process.[/QUOTE
I am one of the right wing { 'poor'] he bangs on about,so my mission to annoy the Camel is working...
I live on a single state pension and through ill health cannot get work of any kind,but I'm not moaning about my lot because I was bought up to budget finances properly,I do not have a credit card and if I want something I save up to get it.
Why do I vote Tory...because they want to get the country out of debt and the better the country thrives it will filter down to us peasants...not to borrow and tax and leave massive debts to our future generations.
I was bought up in a Labour voting family,I worked for 3 unions,saw their destructive practices,they actualty put men out of work for not having a union card...and then they have the nerve to call the Tories scum...but if you don't agree with them you are a Blackleg,Scab,Scum,they destroy your belongings...now both my sisters and myself are Tory voters and proud to be so.:clap::clap::clap:

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK

You must HATE the democratic process.

Yes, I detest the democratic process.

Idiots shouldn't be allowed to vote.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Yes, I detest the democratic process.

Idiots shouldn't be allowed to vote.

0e595f68af298505c4a20a272ecd57ca.jpg

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The people that really annoy me are the right wing poor.

They live in shiteholes and have terrible low paid jobs.

Yet in their twisted little minds they think they are only one break in life from being moderately weathy and living the life of riley. They don't blame the Tory government for their terrible lifestyle, they blame immigrants or the EU. Or both.

So they vote Tory.

And then will spend the next 5 years waiting weeks for hospital appointments, having schools reject applications for entry, their kids being unable to afford to go to university etc etc.

It's a complete and utter joke. Not a funny one either.

This must qualify as one of the most pathetic posts on the 722 pages ,so far.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I spent hundreds of hours deciding which way to cast my vote.

I read extensively, asked questions and listened to endless debates.

Seems to me a decent proportion of the country used their vote on the leader who was best equipped to eat a bacon sandwich.

Good point. Your vote was an educated one from an educated man. Anyone who voted for the conservatives didn't do any thinking and decided on one photo. Very insightful, thanks

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Good point. Your vote was an educated one from an educated man. Anyone who voted for the conservatives didn't do any thinking and decided on one photo. Very insightful, thanks

I didn't say that.

Voting Tory makes sense if you earn above the average wage, live in a house worth 300k, are likely to be left a 6 figure sum when your parents die etc etc.

Educated or not, voting Tory if you are affluent makes sense.

Poor, but worried about immigration? Poor, but worried about the infuence of the SNP in a coalition government? Poor, but worried about the EU interfering in UK economic policy?

Well you are are an idiot then.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I didn't say that.

Voting Tory makes sense if you earn above the average wage, live in a house worth 300k, are likely to be left a 6 figure sum when your parents die etc etc.

Educated or not, voting Tory if you are affluent makes sense.

Poor, but worried about immigration? Poor, but worried about the infuence of the SNP in a coalition government? Poor, but worried about the EU interfering in UK economic policy?

Well you are are an idiot then.

The premise you make is that you are right and a large section of the community are "idiots". Ha

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Whatever anybody reckons about who won, what is clear is that we have a deeply divided country.

We have 50% voting for right of centre parties ( not saying all who voted are right of centre people, as we know,many ukip voters were traditional labour voters)

And the other half for either the allegedly very left wing labour party, Greens, lib dems or independence minded plaid and snp

Elements of the last 6weeks didn't help stop this, in fact may well have accelerated it.

How does anybody go on to build a common sense of identity and consensus from here?

And it will get worse with Battles over Europe and Scotland to follow

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Totally agree. What won't help is that these £12billion worth of cuts are only going to disenfranchise more people. A lot of people do really feel incredibly bleak about their futures.

Edit - this was meant to be in reply to ROSOM

Last edited:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The premise you make is that you are right and a large section of the community are "idiots". Ha

As a labour party member I would say that if we look to reshape from a starting point that all tory voters are idiots, then we won't get very far..

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I know I'm late to the party, but I'm not usually given to writing a passionate spiel on here. What has really delighted me about the result is not so much the economic competence argument, though that is of course completely valid, but that the fake superiority of the Left has been rammed down their throats. This whole anti-public school, anti-posh, anti-toff, Tories only care for themselves garbage really gets my back up. I would love all these lefties to have met the lady at my church who used to be our representative for the Diocese of Chichester's Family Support Work, which supports families who have suffered breakdowns, job losses, etc, speaking to us about it. The Diocese had cut the funding to FSW, having faced a financial crisis, and the work was at risk. She was in tears as she explained this to us. She is your typical posh Tory, married to a naval officer, now sadly no longer with us, living in a big house. However, when I think of the hours she spent on committee meetings, fetes, etc, trying to raise money to keep FSW going, I would love the lefties to say to her face that she doesn't care. No, Thursday night was a wonderful experience, and I was like the proverbial pig rolling in you know what when our result in Battersea came in. And even more happy when the Nuneaton result came in, as I knew we could win a majority from then on. My tipples of choice were a bottle of Sam Adams Boston Lager, which I discovered in New York, on Friday evening, and a bottle of Orchard Pig Reveller cider last night. Very enjoyable indeed.

And Vegas, no I wasn't on here much. I was too busy delivering leaflets to voters in my constituency.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Whatever anybody reckons about who won, what is clear is that we have a deeply divided country.

We have 50% voting for right of centre parties ( not saying all who voted are right of centre people, as we know,many ukip voters were traditional labour voters)

And the other half for either the allegedly very left wing labour party, Greens, lib dems or independence minded plaid and snp

Elements of the last 6weeks didn't help stop this, in fact may well have accelerated it.

How does anybody go on to build a common sense of identity and consensus from here?

Has anything really changed, over the years the country has always been nearly 50% left or right. FPTP has lead to sweeping majorities but the %'s have always been close.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I would love all these lefties to have met the lady at my church who used to be our representative for the Diocese of Chichester's Family Support Work, which supports families who have suffered breakdowns, job losses, etc, speaking to us about it. The Diocese had cut the funding to FSW, having faced a financial crisis, and the work was at risk. She was in tears as she explained this to us. She is your typical posh Tory, married to a naval officer, now sadly no longer with us, living in a big house. However, when I think of the hours she spent on committee meetings, fetes, etc, trying to raise money to keep FSW going, I would love the lefties to say to her face that she doesn't care.

And who on earth would? Very strange post.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

I dont buy this, there might be a divide between you as a Labour member and the Tory activists, but most of us bob along just fine somewhere in between.

I think the centre right parties acknowledged that sucking in 2.5 million migrants has its issues, the economy has been ok recently and Labour just seem unable to constrain their spending and Europe needs to be challenged.

It seems a decent slice of democracy to me.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
As a point of interest, now that he returns to normal life, how long will it take Ed Miliband to stop himself responding to every enquiry with the over-rehearsed, "That's a great question..."

Ed in Tesco:
"Do you have a Clubcard?"
"That's great question Nicola..."

Ed filling up at BP
"Would you like any engine oil?"
"That's great question, Mohammed."

Ed out for his wedding anniversary:
"Have you been to a Harvester before?"
"That's a great question, John."
True,but be fair ,he does say..."I say this to the people at home" first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here