Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Neither can I. Just blasts of sound bites and distracts from the real issue. That's his favourite saying 'that isn't the issue the issue is this. Adored by his student audience. I wonder how he's feeling tonight. Shattered I reckon.:)

Comes across as a very unhappy 'class warrior' and legend in his own lunchtime. His charmless class whinging about the Tories, non-Labour newspapers, non-Labour media, business, "the rich", blah, blah, blah .... never wins votes for his beloved Labour Party. He's preaching to the converted, who agreed with him in the first place. The quiet 70% who support other parties or simply don't care, wouldn't be influenced by his misery.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
In terms of 'biting', I think it's reasonable to expect a return of fox hunting. Trying to explain to your kids why you voted for the return of bunch of toffs charging around the countryside with saliva dripping from their gluttonous mouths as they watch another poor beast being ripped to pieces by a pack of brutally treated dogs could be tricky?

It`s what you anti`s like to portray...Toffs, rich landed gentry etc.... how about farmer 200 Ewes should have 300 lambs they average approx 1.5 each...lost 22 to fox thats nearly 8% ...approx £2000.....Fox has no natural predator..

Ps.. it`s hounds not dogs...but there again they say ignorance is bliss....

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Comes across as a very unhappy 'class warrior' and legend in his own lunchtime. His charmless class whinging about the Tories, non-Labour newspapers, non-Labour media, business, "the rich", blah, blah, blah .... never wins votes for his beloved Labour Party. He's preaching to the converted, who agreed with him in the first place. The quiet 70% who support other parties or simply don't care, wouldn't be influenced by his misery.

Spot on sir.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It`s what you anti`s like to portray...Toffs, rich landed gentry etc.... how about farmer 200 Ewes should have 300 lambs they average approx 1.5 each...lost 22 to fox thats nearly 8% ...approx £2000.....Fox has no natural predator..

My grandfather followed the hunt all his life. Worked in a factory after the war until retirement. Followed the hunt on foot. Lived in a council house and never even owned a car, let alone a horse. My niece hunts, has always ridden. Can't afford a horse (primary school teacher) but helps out at a stables and gets use of one from there. Oh yes, only toffs hunt.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Machiavelli? Nope.

Quite a few of the vocal lot missing. I suppose i was on a safe bet, never expected more than a couple of seats although i think UKIP would have got more if not for the fear factor of Labour and SNP, thus making many UKIP vote Tory.
Perhaps if the media (and on NSC) had not been so obsessed with a minor party in seat terms, and concentrated on the main players, then it might have been a bit different.
Many i spoke to really had not forgot what a mess Labour made before (me included) and so i actually know many Labour who voted Tory, but mainly because of the fear of SNP and Labour.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
What time did everybody make it to last night? I was fully engaged until about 5.30, then I think I dozed on the sofa till about 6.30 when my 5 year old daughter appeared and woke me up.

Made it through to midday today when we had finished the Count.

Started at 6am Thursday.................:mad:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Why not authorised pest control then? Why does it take a hundred thugs riding around on horse back, making it a sport of it, to deal with the problem. Scum.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

A hound is a dog unless you are not classifying them as a Canis lupus familiaris (and you'd be the only one). As for your argument about them being a pest, if true, they should be killed humanely in a civilised society.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
A hound is a dog unless you are not classifying them as a Canis lupus familiaris (and you'd be the only one). As for your argument about them being a pest, if true, they should be killed humanely in a civilised society.

Yeh right I`ve seen the Horse and Dog magazine there`s also many pubs called the "Horse and Dog" of course I forgot The Fox Dogs that chase the fox......

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Can we please not let fox hunting deflect this thread from its main subject which is all about the delusional hubris of certain NSC Posters?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeh right I`ve seen the Horse and Dog magazine there`s also many pubs called the "Horse and Dog" of course I forgot The Fox Dogs that chase the fox......
These hounds you're talking about, are still dogs though, right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here