Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Yet more sneering at people who have the temerity to vote the 'wrong' way.
What is the LDs' unique selling proposition these days?

Back when the Gang of Four peeled off from Labour, I was their biggest fan. Seems a long time ago they bailed out a sinking Liberal party.

larus

We no longer have a United Kingdom in all but name.

I wonder how the budget of an independent Scotland would look like now with oil prices low, and also being projected to stay low for the foreseeable future, due to the fracking boom in the U.S. Also, from what I've read, the quality of the services being delivered in Scotland by their own government is not that impressive.

This SNP vote is a spill over from the referendum, where some additional voters have voted based on nationalism and not so much on politics IMO.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
What is the LD's unique selling proposition these days?

Back when the Gang of Four peeled off from Labour, I was their biggest fan. Seems a long time ago they bailed out a sinking Liberal party.

They'll recover. I don't know if you've ever been to the rural South West but the Lib Dems are the opposition in the areas where they aren't in the majority. They've had a very bad night but it's no different from the Tories in 97 and they will be back.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What is the LD's unique selling proposition these days?

Centrist policies. Neither aggressive austerity nor mad spending. Unequivocally pro-European.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Twenty years old and now on 70k a year plus X's, a second home in London and subsidised bar in the House of Commons for five years minimum.

Fair play.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
It seems that actually UKIP are taking as many of their votes from Labour and the Liberal Democrats as the Tories. Lib Dems going to UKIP is a big surprise. I expected most of them to go to Labour.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The Liberal Democrat in Castle Point got 80 votes... just 80 votes.. this election continues to deliver extraordinary results.

D

Deleted User X18H

I can't scroll through 600 pages what about Kemp Town , Pavillion , Hove and Baker ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here