Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
But that can't be all of the story with UKIP or the Tory would be losing share of the votes. They've broadly held it and a large part of the UKIP vote is clearly from Labour voters. I'm from the Ken Clarke side of the party too but don't accept that UKIP are overwhelmingly just ex-Tory voters. The figures so far don't back that up. The other thing I would add is that I believe that the UKIP vote is incredibly soft and within 10 years the party will have been confined to history and the loony tunes on the right who defected to UKIP will be back in the Tory fold - hopefully nowhere near positions of power though.

Nuneaton is an odd one.slight tory gain,16% loss for libs and labour and 14% gain for UKIP........lib dems and labour supporters must be racist as well :ffsparr:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Alexander beaten by 20 year old student. Unbelievable.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Labour campaign chief bites the dust. Carnage, carnage and more carnage.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I think, looking at the exit polls, and the collapse of Labour in Scotland, any take on this election that doesn't basically look at it as Independence Referendum 2.0 misses the point. The expected SNP gain and the Labour shortfall will be pretty much the same number.

That plus the other SNP (Somerset Naturalists Party, i.e. LD) reverting to its usual status as a bunch of West Country types who haven't heard that Gladstone is dead...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Nuneaton is an odd one.slight tory gain,16% loss for libs and labour and 14% gain for UKIP........lib dems and labour supporters must be racist as well :ffsparr:

It makes an utter mockery of claims that UKIP voters fit any narrow and specific demographic. Sorry DaveinPrague, Machiavelli et al but you're wrong. UKIP voters come in all shapes and sizes.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Getting pissed off with the "progressive" politics tag that the left seem to have tried to take for their own. Doesnt look very progressive to me and the majority seem to agree

I, partially at least, withdraw that comment. The number of people voting for UKIP today support your statement. However there is definitely a core within UKIP of ex BNP and other genuine racists and virtual fascists. The challenge for UKIP will now be to disown this group who will now be in a minority. Losing Farage might well help.
Your retraction is appreciated, however partial it may be. Of course we have some baggage in our voting support, but there are no BNP candidates for them to vote for so whose policies would suit them better? Why would losing Farage help? He makes it perfectly clear that he doesn't welcome these people and has even banned ex-BNP members from joining!

As someone who is firmly on the Ken Clarke wing of the party (I don't share his great enthusiasm for Europe, though I certainly don't want to leave, or some of his positions on criminal justice, but by and large I'm much more at his end)
What you get up to with pinko Ken in your private life is your business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here