Playing snooker
Tory overall majority now on the cards.

We're on the move.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
John Curtice (Exit pollster for IPSOS Mori) : "Taking Nuneaton swing from Labour to Conservative into account... In practice we now have to take seriously the possibility that the Tories could get an overall majority. "

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Must be a concern for Tory supporters that they are still unable to secure a majority?

What are they doing wrong that for 23 years the UK electorate still cannot completely trust them?

Labour have had a shocker, Miliband is a bacon sandwich buffoon, Libs fall on their swords, and yet still the Tories cannot convince the entire country they are fit to rule.

John Major pulled a bigger result than this is looking like being in '92 and he was on the back of an appalling Tory performance in the preceding years.

Come on Tory people, what are they doing wrong that they are still looking like 10 - 30 seats below a majority?

The BBC are saying that the Tories could get an overall majority.

I hope so, for your sake, I can tell how concerned you are about this.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The BBC are saying that the Tories could get an overall majority.

I hope so, for your sake, I can tell how concerned you are about this.

very...

poop-pants-caption-contest.jpg

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
could Kinnock be any more sneering toward the electorate?

I certainly could.

If you let the people vote, they vote for Barabbas.

Democracy really hurts when you are outnumbered by people who you passionately believe are selfish, willfully ignorant or just plain wrong.

The NHS will be chipped away, but will still be here in some form of public ownership in five years time,
There's a good chance the BBC may not be.
A good majority of the nation's schools definitely will not be.
Local authorities are already hanging by a thread.

All those people who blindly crossed a blue box without caring to understand that this is what these people are about may be wondering what happened to the country's public services, but will no doubt vote them in again.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
We are not extremists, we are mainstream. We have all classes and all races in our membership.

I am no UKIPer, i am pro immigration, but i think it is healthy to have another voice heard on an issue that has been politicisied by the left. We cannot have them silence people again by trying to shame people

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It is unusual for the betting market to be so badly wrong with it's move towards Ed Miliband as PM in recent days, and even more so during today.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Must be a concern for Tory supporters that they are still unable to secure a majority?

What are they doing wrong that for 23 years the UK electorate still cannot completely trust them?

Labour have had a shocker, Miliband is a bacon sandwich buffoon, Libs fall on their swords, and yet still the Tories cannot convince the entire country they are fit to rule.

John Major pulled a bigger result than this is looking like being in '92 and he was on the back of an appalling Tory performance in the preceding years.

Come on Tory people, what are they doing wrong that they are still looking like 10 - 30 seats below a majority?

In a word, UKIP. The Right of the Tory party have defected as they didn't like Cameron's modernisation. As someone who is firmly on the Ken Clarke wing of the party (I don't share his great enthusiasm for Europe, though I certainly don't want to leave, or some of his positions on criminal justice, but by and large I'm much more at his end), frankly we are best rid of them. What gets me is that Conservatives are seen on here as all being extremely right wing, whereas there are people from all positions in the party. For example, I strongly oppose the bedroom tax, but overall one issue is not going to make me change party.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

D

Deleted member 22389

We are not extremists, we are mainstream. We have all classes and all races in our membership.

Correct, Farage will lose tonight, but the bigger picture here is the numbers voting for UKIP. Amazing support.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I certainly could.

If you let the people vote, they vote for Barabbas.

Democracy really hurts when you are outnumbered by people who you passionately believe are selfish, willfully ignorant or just plain wrong.

The NHS will be chipped away, but will still be here in some form of public ownership in five years time,
There's a good chance the BBC may not be.
A good majority of the nation's schools definitely will not be.
Local authorities are already hanging by a thread.

All those people who blindly crossed a blue box without caring to understand that this is what these people are about may be wondering what happened to the country's public services, but will no doubt vote them in again.

The winner is the winner of the spin war more than anything else.

abc

Jan 6, 2007

I, partially at least, withdraw that comment. The number of people voting for UKIP today support your statement. However there is definitely a core within UKIP of ex BNP and other genuine racists and virtual fascists. The challenge for UKIP will now be to disown this group who will now be in a minority. Losing Farage might well help.

The opportunity now is to consolidate as the third party, clearly to the right of centre but to lose the extreme tag that I automatically used.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here